waive early termination fee

Contributor

waive early termination fee

first off let me say i have no problem with att service.  i do however have a problem with the customer service. i have been on the phone and chatting with technical support and warranty ever since i got my two htc inspires. i didn't have problems right away but have been through almost 6 replacement phones in the last year (every single one does the same thing).  we are pretty much fed up with att customer service right now and looking to switch. we have only been with att for 10 months now so still have a ways to go with out contract. does anyone think there is a way to get hte early termination fee waived? i know the problems i am having is not att fault but htc because they are the manufacture, but att could do a better job at making me satisfied with the phone i have.  i get a replacement phone and it works fine for a couple weeks and then i start having the same problems again and then i have to call att customer service back and go through the same process again and again (its frustrating).  so any suggestions?  we just want a phone that works and does what its suppose to, i didnt pay over $100 for a phone that just calls and text i would have went with a flip phone then. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,404 Views)
Expert

Re: waive early termination fee

aarica08 wrote:

first off let me say i have no problem with att service.  i do however have a problem with the customer service. i have been on the phone and chatting with technical support and warranty ever since i got my two htc inspires. i didn't have problems right away but have been through almost 6 replacement phones in the last year (every single one does the same thing).  we are pretty much fed up with att customer service right now and looking to switch. we have only been with att for 10 months now so still have a ways to go with out contract. does anyone think there is a way to get hte early termination fee waived? i know the problems i am having is not att fault but htc because they are the manufacture, but att could do a better job at making me satisfied with the phone i have.  i get a replacement phone and it works fine for a couple weeks and then i start having the same problems again and then i have to call att customer service back and go through the same process again and again (its frustrating).  so any suggestions?  we just want a phone that works and does what its suppose to, i didnt pay over $100 for a phone that just calls and text i would have went with a flip phone then. 

slim to none to get the etf waived, sorry.

Message 2 of 7 (2,399 Views)

aarica08 wrote:

Unfortunately not possible.

Message 3 of 7 (2,361 Views)

Yeah, you probably stand a better chance of having them sub in a new, different phone than getting them to waive the ETF. With this many exchanges, you should escalate your issue. You may want to contact Jamileh, the Community Manager of this forum, to see if she can help.

Message 4 of 7 (2,354 Views)
Teacher

Talk to the BBB and your Attorney General, I believe they can help you, thats what I am going to do, then drop AT&T and advise all of your friends to do the same.

Wade

Message 5 of 7 (2,275 Views)
ACE - Expert

Not everyone has a problem with AT&T.
The BBB & attorney general will not help you break a contract unless there has been some kind of fraud or crime committed. You signed a 2 year contract when you got your phones. If there is a reason for you to want to leave AT&T, you must abide by the contract and pay the ETF.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (2,269 Views)
Expert

kdfederer wrote:
Not everyone has a problem with AT&T.
The BBB & attorney general will not help you break a contract unless there has been some kind of fraud or crime committed. You signed a 2 year contract when you got your phones. If there is a reason for you to want to leave AT&T, you must abide by the contract and pay the ETF.

scratch the BBB from that statement completely - that can do absolutely nothing.

Message 7 of 7 (2,254 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.