Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 30, 2011
6:09:14 AM
View profile
using htc phones with att

I currently have an iphone that isnt working and want to go with an htc phone, if i buy an htc phone that was sold to a tmobile or verizon user  off of craigslist locally  wont most or all off them work as long as they will take my sim card, if it has to b unlocked then im sure i should have no issues doing so and fully b able to use our wonderful 3g network to its full capabilities, im kinda confused hear what am i facing here.

I currently have an iphone that isnt working and want to go with an htc phone, if i buy an htc phone that was sold to a tmobile or verizon user  off of craigslist locally  wont most or all off them work as long as they will take my sim card, if it has to b unlocked then im sure i should have no issues doing so and fully b able to use our wonderful 3g network to its full capabilities, im kinda confused hear what am i facing here.

using htc phones with att

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2011 7:21:19 AM
(0)
Professor

cadams8221218 wrote:

Verizon phones will not work on AT&T's netwwork.  Verizon uses CDMA technology and AT&T uses GSM, the two are not compatible.

T-Mobile phones will work, but you will NOT get 3G coverage as AT&T uses the 850 and 1900Mhz frequencies for 3G.  T-Mobile utilizes 1700Mhz frequency.

Why not simply get an AT&T branded device?

cadams8221218 wrote:

Verizon phones will not work on AT&T's netwwork.  Verizon uses CDMA technology and AT&T uses GSM, the two are not compatible.

T-Mobile phones will work, but you will NOT get 3G coverage as AT&T uses the 850 and 1900Mhz frequencies for 3G.  T-Mobile utilizes 1700Mhz frequency.

Re: using htc phones with att

2 of 4 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2011 8:30:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

satchev wrote:

cadams8221218 wrote:

I agree, a HTC device that's already offered on AT&T sounds much simpler rather than going through an unlocking process or only being able to fully use 2G service. There's a few HTC phones that are already here, unless you're looking for something extra special? The HTC Inspire 4G is coming out fairly soon, so you might want to hold out for that...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

satchev wrote:

cadams8221218 wrote:

I agree, a HTC device that's already offered on AT&T sounds much simpler rather than going through an unlocking process or only being able to fully use 2G service. There's a few HTC phones that are already here, unless you're looking for something extra special? The HTC Inspire 4G is coming out fairly soon, so you might want to hold out for that...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: using htc phones with att

3 of 4 (923 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 2:16:30 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by malik007 on Feb 2, 2011 at 3:00:30 PM

ignore. found the answer

ignore. found the answer