Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2008
6:24:52 AM
View profile
usb 881 aircard device not detected
I am trying to install on a XP laptop.  I can see it in the device manager.  When I insert it into the usb port it says it installed properly and is ready for use.  I have run diagnostics on it and everything is ok.  However, the at&t communication manager says device not detected and so does the 3G Watcher software that the sierra site said to install.  I know the device should work because I installed it on my laptop that runs Vista and it works properly.   Please help.

Thanks
I am trying to install on a XP laptop.  I can see it in the device manager.  When I insert it into the usb port it says it installed properly and is ready for use.  I have run diagnostics on it and everything is ok.  However, the at&t communication manager says device not detected and so does the 3G Watcher software that the sierra site said to install.  I know the device should work because I installed it on my laptop that runs Vista and it works properly.   Please help.

Thanks

usb 881 aircard device not detected

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 4:26:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
I am having the opposite problem with my 881 USB. I have a Dell laptop with Vista and a Dell desktop with XP. AT&T Comm. manager kept showing "no device deteced' on both. I downloaded 3G and they both work better. I have followed all of suggestions I have found on here and through Sierra. I STILL get "no device detected" about 1/3 of the time. Can I delete AT&T Comm. manager and keep just 3G? What is going on? 
I am having the opposite problem with my 881 USB. I have a Dell laptop with Vista and a Dell desktop with XP. AT&T Comm. manager kept showing "no device deteced' on both. I downloaded 3G and they both work better. I have followed all of suggestions I have found on here and through Sierra. I STILL get "no device detected" about 1/3 of the time. Can I delete AT&T Comm. manager and keep just 3G? What is going on? 

Re: usb 881 aircard device not detected

2 of 4 (6,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2008 6:56:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
Occassionally when I turn on my Dell laptop, with XP, I get the message "device not found" or something like that. The computer isn't recognizing the card plugged in to the USB port. When I get the message I inplug the USB card, plug it back in, and the computer recognizes it. Everything is ready to go.
Occassionally when I turn on my Dell laptop, with XP, I get the message "device not found" or something like that. The computer isn't recognizing the card plugged in to the USB port. When I get the message I inplug the USB card, plug it back in, and the computer recognizes it. Everything is ready to go.

3 of 4 (6,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2008 4:51:25 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by DeeBat on Jan 14, 2008 at 4:56:47 AM

spinreiner wrote:

If you have Sierra Wireless' 3G Watcher installed, you do not need at&t Comm. Manager at all. Go ahead and unistall at&t Comm. Manager. All the drivers and software you need is in the 3G Watcher program.

EDIT: After I posted the above, I remembered another thread regarding the 881 USB. Please look at the following thread. The 881 USB works a little different than what I am used to.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=pccards&message.id=8514

Message Edited by DeeBat on 01-14-2008 05:56:47 AM

spinreiner wrote:

If you have Sierra Wireless' 3G Watcher installed, you do not need at&t Comm. Manager at all. Go ahead and unistall at&t Comm. Manager. All the drivers and software you need is in the 3G Watcher program.

EDIT: After I posted the above, I remembered another thread regarding the 881 USB. Please look at the following thread. The 881 USB works a little different than what I am used to.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=pccards&message.id=8514

Message Edited by DeeBat on 01-14-2008 05:56:47 AM

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (6,017 Views)