usb 881 aircard device not detected

Contributor

usb 881 aircard device not detected

I am trying to install on a XP laptop.  I can see it in the device manager.  When I insert it into the usb port it says it installed properly and is ready for use.  I have run diagnostics on it and everything is ok.  However, the at&t communication manager says device not detected and so does the 3G Watcher software that the sierra site said to install.  I know the device should work because I installed it on my laptop that runs Vista and it works properly.   Please help.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4

Re: usb 881 aircard device not detected

I am having the opposite problem with my 881 USB. I have a Dell laptop with Vista and a Dell desktop with XP. AT&T Comm. manager kept showing "no device deteced' on both. I downloaded 3G and they both work better. I have followed all of suggestions I have found on here and through Sierra. I STILL get "no device detected" about 1/3 of the time. Can I delete AT&T Comm. manager and keep just 3G? What is going on? 
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

Occassionally when I turn on my Dell laptop, with XP, I get the message "device not found" or something like that. The computer isn't recognizing the card plugged in to the USB port. When I get the message I inplug the USB card, plug it back in, and the computer recognizes it. Everything is ready to go.
Message 3 of 4
Guru

spinreiner wrote:
I am having the opposite problem with my 881 USB. I have a Dell laptop with Vista and a Dell desktop with XP. AT&T Comm. manager kept showing "no device deteced' on both. I downloaded 3G and they both work better. I have followed all of suggestions I have found on here and through Sierra. I STILL get "no device detected" about 1/3 of the time. Can I delete AT&T Comm. manager and keep just 3G? What is going on? 

If you have Sierra Wireless' 3G Watcher installed, you do not need at&t Comm. Manager at all. Go ahead and unistall at&t Comm. Manager. All the drivers and software you need is in the 3G Watcher program.

EDIT: After I posted the above, I remembered another thread regarding the 881 USB. Please look at the following thread. The 881 USB works a little different than what I am used to.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=pccards&message.id=8514

Message Edited by DeeBat on 01-14-2008 05:56:47 AM
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support