Helpful Links

upgrade from 16g to 32g for at&t for free

Tutor

upgrade from 16g to 32g for at&t for free

Someone posted that they pre-ordered a 16g and received a 32g iphone 4s in the mail today (saturday) for being late

has this happened to anyone on the forums yet? let me know!

Message 1 of 27
Teacher

Re: upgrade from 16g to 32g for at&t for free

pinoy8181 wrote:

Someone posted that they pre-ordered a 16g and received a 32g iphone 4s in the mail today (saturday) for being late

This seems a bit greedy to me.

There are people who can't even get the phone that they paid for, and now we have people looking for a way to get a free upgrade?  If you got the phone you paid for, just be happy about that. 

Message 2 of 27
Former Employee

Whoever posted that got it by mistake, but unfortunately (for them) those kind of mistakes get fixed in a way that if they don't return it for the right model they will be charged a difference in price. No free upgrades. 

Message 3 of 27
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

Whoever posted that got it by mistake, but unfortunately (for them) those kind of mistakes get fixed in a way that if they don't return it for the right model they will be charged a difference in price. No free upgrades. 

once they find out   they add the another charge to the CC they paid with? or do they send a email saying what happen?

Message 4 of 27
Scholar

I see this causing more issues than it solves....

Message 5 of 27
Former Employee

graphite07 wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

once they find out   they add the another charge to the CC they paid with? or do they send a email saying what happen?

idk, the charge might be added to the bill. No company would allow anyone keep a wrong product that cost more that someone paid for. I've seen it happening before. It is customers responsibility to contact a company to get item exchanged, no one has a right to take something they didn't pay for, that's wrong.

Message 6 of 27
Teacher

drumn_bass wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

idk, the charge might be added to the bill. No company would allow anyone keep a wrong product that cost more that someone paid for. I've seen it happening before. It is customers responsibility to contact a company to get item exchanged, no one has a right to take something they didn't pay for, that's wrong.

DId you really just open a discussion about morals considering the stunt that AT&T is pulling?

Message 7 of 27
Professor

Jmauld wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

DId you really just open a discussion about morals considering the stunt that AT&T is pulling?

who me? i did not open this thread.  ask the OP 

Message 8 of 27
Teacher

No I was talking to the AT&T employee.

Message 9 of 27
Professor

Jmauld wrote:

What, in your opinion, is the "stunt" that AT&T is pulling?

Message 10 of 27
Scholar

Jmauld wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

drumn_bass wrote:

Wait, what stunt? I can understand the morals. But if this was the court of law, AT&T wouldn't be found guilty. People accepted the terms and condtions which clearly states you may get a 21-28 day wait. I'm not sure how that's a stunt.

Granted, customer service does have some issues but I don't see the "morally wrong" aspect that you're refering to.....

Message 11 of 27
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

Jmauld wrote:

What, in your opinion, is the "stunt" that AT&T is pulling?

He's angry that he preordered in a store and the store won't fulfill his order out of their stock. It's pointless to try to discuss it with him, IMO. He wants something that he isn't going to get, and isn't going to be happy unless he does.

Message 12 of 27
Highlighted
Scholar

So if I understand this correctly, someone orders a 16gb 4S for $199.00 and it is delayed in being delivered, so AT&T makes that right by giving the customer a 32gb $299.00 upgrade at no cost to them? I find that awfully hard to stomach. I suspect a troll is stirring up some mischief. On the other hand, if a 16gb was ordered and a 32gb was mistakenly sent, the customer might want to bing that to the attention of AT&T before they find out and just make the charge to that persons account. And should that happen good luck in fighting it. Bottom line is you got something you did not pay for and now the company is going to charge you for what you got. So what's to complain.

Unfortunatley, most people believe they should be allowed to benefit from someone elses mistake, but no one should be able to benefit from their mistake.

Message 13 of 27
Scholar

I'm PRETTY SURE if someone like Bernie Madoff or someone on Wall Street did this you'd be all over them (Oops, I took your retirment funds by mistake. Silly accountants!).It's wrong...

Message 14 of 27
Professor

pinoy8181 wrote:

This story doesn't even make sense.  Saturday is one day after launch day.  AT&T would to have known before Friday that 16GB phone would be 1 day late in order to swap it out for a 32GB and get it into the carriers hands for Saturday delivery.

Also, it seems a lot of people got their phones on Saturday and there aren't any other reports that everyone (or even anyone) who got one 1 day after launch day found that they got a higher capacity phone.

It's either a mistake or someone posting just to stir up the forums.

Message 15 of 27
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support