Helpful Links

unlock my iphone 4s

Tutor

unlock my iphone 4s

Good afternoon. I Iphone has been bought in your company for an overall cost. But now I can't activate it in russia. You can help me? Here my serial number: DNPGJ7RVDTDC

Message 1 of 21
Expert

Re: unlock my iphone 4s

Underlyingsound wrote:

An AT&T iPhone (first-generation, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) cannot be unlocked when bought from the AT&T store, 3rd-party reseller or from Apple as an AT&T model...this is because in the United States, carriers are not required to unlock devices for use on other mobile networks, so, to trap us with their network, they require that the device, in this case the iPhone, be required to operate on their network exclusively. AT&T and Apple, due to policy and United States law, will not unlock your iPhone, and I'm really sorry about that. Their are third-party ways to unlock your iPhone, that cannot be discussed here, but they will void your Apple warranty, and could potentially damage your device. Also, be aware that warranty service...for any iPhone...will only be handled in the country that the iPhone was purchased in...so if you have any issues with your AT&T iPhone, or United States; factory unlocked iPhone...you'll need to contact the United States Apple division for support.

that is 100 percent incorrect, there is no such thing

Message 16 of 21
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

An AT&T iPhone (first-generation, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) cannot be unlocked when bought from the AT&T store, 3rd-party reseller or from Apple as an AT&T model...this is because in the United States, carriers are not required to unlock devices for use on other mobile networks, so, to trap us with their network, they require that the device, in this case the iPhone, be required to operate on their network exclusively. AT&T and Apple, due to policy and United States law, will not unlock your iPhone, and I'm really sorry about that. Their are third-party ways to unlock your iPhone, that cannot be discussed here, but they will void your Apple warranty, and could potentially damage your device. Also, be aware that warranty service...for any iPhone...will only be handled in the country that the iPhone was purchased in...so if you have any issues with your AT&T iPhone, or United States; factory unlocked iPhone...you'll need to contact the United States Apple division for support.

I think that Underlyingsound was alluding to the lack of any law in the US mandating SIM unlocking.

Message 17 of 21
Master

I'm reading from the post it does sound like he is alluding to a law prohibiting phones from being unlocked. There is no such law either prohibiting or requiring unlocking.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 18 of 21

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

I think that Underlyingsound was alluding to the lack of any law in the US mandating SIM unlocking.

Exactly. Due to United States law (not A United States law), there is no way to force the carrier to unlock the phone. There is no such law. Read the rest of my post guys...dang. Sorry for the confusion.

Message 19 of 21
Expert

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Exactly. Due to United States law (not A United States law), there is no way to force the carrier to unlock the phone. There is no such law. Read the rest of my post guys...dang. Sorry for the confusion.

the way the line is written it implies that there is a law in the US tha tmandates no unlocking of the iphone. Sorry for teh semantecs but there is an interesting thread here about a poster claiming that att was doign false advertising - they assumed that the ad indicated a ipad 2 was free by the wording

Message 20 of 21
Highlighted

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

the way the line is written it implies that there is a law in the US tha tmandates no unlocking of the iphone. Sorry for teh semantecs but there is an interesting thread here about a poster claiming that att was doign false advertising - they assumed that the ad indicated a ipad 2 was free by the wording

Post a thread about that! This is not the place to discuss that.

Message 21 of 21
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support