Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 28, 2012
8:50:22 AM
unlock my iphone 4s

Good afternoon. I Iphone has been bought in your company for an overall cost. But now I can't activate it in russia. You can help me? Here my serial number: DNPGJ7RVDTDC

Good afternoon. I Iphone has been bought in your company for an overall cost. But now I can't activate it in russia. You can help me? Here my serial number: DNPGJ7RVDTDC

unlock my iphone 4s

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:00:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
As posted in MANY iPhone unlock threads, neither AT&T or Apple will unlock the iPhone, period. You must buy a factory unlocked phone direct from Apple.
Sell the locked iPhone and buy the unlocked version.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
As posted in MANY iPhone unlock threads, neither AT&T or Apple will unlock the iPhone, period. You must buy a factory unlocked phone direct from Apple.
Sell the locked iPhone and buy the unlocked version.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: unlock my iphone 4s

2 of 21 (933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:05:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
The person which has sold to me this phone speaks that it is bought without the contract. And still speaks that is possible will address in a support service. They will check up that phone is bought without the contract and will unblock. So it will turn out?
The person which has sold to me this phone speaks that it is bought without the contract. And still speaks that is possible will address in a support service. They will check up that phone is bought without the contract and will unblock. So it will turn out?

3 of 21 (933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:08:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
One more question. What electronic address at technical support?
One more question. What electronic address at technical support?

4 of 21 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:23:41 AM
(0)
Expert

apple_doc wrote:

It makes zero difference if the phone was purchased without contract, it still will not be unlocked, period. If you want a unlocked iphone, you will be required to purchase it directly from Apple US at full retail price.

The iphone you have, even if purchased with no contract is not eligible to be unlocked

apple_doc wrote:

It makes zero difference if the phone was purchased without contract, it still will not be unlocked, period. If you want a unlocked iphone, you will be required to purchase it directly from Apple US at full retail price.

The iphone you have, even if purchased with no contract is not eligible to be unlocked

5 of 21 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:37:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
Why so it turns out? It is a policy of the company such?

6 of 21 (917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:51:58 AM
(0)
Master

apple_doc wrote:

It is ATT and Apple's policy in the USA that unless you bought the phone specifically unlocked from Apple, it will not be unlocked!  A quick search of these forums will show you all the discussions and excusses about why they should and why they do not.  

Bottom Line - You need to buy an unlocked iPhone from the USA if that is what you want.  Once sold as locked, it will remain locked!  Try ebay or other similar sites to sell your iphone and then buy one for your needs.  This one will not work for you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

apple_doc wrote:

It is ATT and Apple's policy in the USA that unless you bought the phone specifically unlocked from Apple, it will not be unlocked!  A quick search of these forums will show you all the discussions and excusses about why they should and why they do not.  

Bottom Line - You need to buy an unlocked iPhone from the USA if that is what you want.  Once sold as locked, it will remain locked!  Try ebay or other similar sites to sell your iphone and then buy one for your needs.  This one will not work for you.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 21 (911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:55:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
The seller of this phone speaks that phone has been bought for an overall cost. There is what нибудь a difference between is bought for an overall cost and without the contract?
The seller of this phone speaks that phone has been bought for an overall cost. There is what нибудь a difference between is bought for an overall cost and without the contract?

8 of 21 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 9:58:30 AM
(0)
Master

apple_doc wrote:

You need to take that up with the person who bought it for your.  Buying an iPhone without a contract at full price does not allways equal unlocked!  There was a time that there was a contract free version that was sold still locked to ATT.

We are customers just telling you what the policy is.  No one from ATT will come here and unlock your iPhone based on this thread but we do know they won't unlock it even if you talk to them or Apple.

apple_doc wrote:

You need to take that up with the person who bought it for your.  Buying an iPhone without a contract at full price does not allways equal unlocked!  There was a time that there was a contract free version that was sold still locked to ATT.

We are customers just telling you what the policy is.  No one from ATT will come here and unlock your iPhone based on this thread but we do know they won't unlock it even if you talk to them or Apple.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

9 of 21 (904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 10:02:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Simply give me email technical supports and I will talk to them.
Simply give me email technical supports and I will talk to them.

10 of 21 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 10:04:01 AM
(0)
Master

They do not have an email address.  Contact Apple at www.apple.com or ATT's customer service at:

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

You will get the same answer but good luck!

They do not have an email address.  Contact Apple at www.apple.com or ATT's customer service at:

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

You will get the same answer but good luck!

11 of 21 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 10:12:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the help
Thanks for the help

12 of 21 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 1:14:27 PM
(0)
Guru
Technical support will NOT help you. You are wasting your time. Try to return the phone you have to the seller and purchase an unlocked iPhone.
Technical support will NOT help you. You are wasting your time. Try to return the phone you have to the seller and purchase an unlocked iPhone.

13 of 21 (922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 1:24:19 PM
(0)
Professor
Also, I don't believe Apple supplies support for US iPhones for use outside of the US.

What everyone here is trying to say is that 1) it doesn't matter what you were told by the seller, 2) it doesn't matter what you or the seller bought the phone for, what you have is a locked US iPhone and neither Apple nor AT&T will unlock it. Only Apple sells an unlocked iPhone and unless that specific model was bought, and it sounds like it wasn't in your case, your phone is not going to be unlocked.
Also, I don't believe Apple supplies support for US iPhones for use outside of the US.

What everyone here is trying to say is that 1) it doesn't matter what you were told by the seller, 2) it doesn't matter what you or the seller bought the phone for, what you have is a locked US iPhone and neither Apple nor AT&T will unlock it. Only Apple sells an unlocked iPhone and unless that specific model was bought, and it sounds like it wasn't in your case, your phone is not going to be unlocked.

14 of 21 (917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 12:01:59 PM
(0)
Guru

An AT&T iPhone (first-generation, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) cannot be unlocked when bought from the AT&T store, 3rd-party reseller or from Apple as an AT&T model...this is because in the United States, carriers are not required to unlock devices for use on other mobile networks, so, to trap us with their network, they require that the device, in this case the iPhone, be required to operate on their network exclusively. AT&T and Apple, due to policy and United States law, will not unlock your iPhone, and I'm really sorry about that. Their are third-party ways to unlock your iPhone, that cannot be discussed here, but they will void your Apple warranty, and could potentially damage your device. Also, be aware that warranty service...for any iPhone...will only be handled in the country that the iPhone was purchased in...so if you have any issues with your AT&T iPhone, or United States; factory unlocked iPhone...you'll need to contact the United States Apple division for support.

An AT&T iPhone (first-generation, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) cannot be unlocked when bought from the AT&T store, 3rd-party reseller or from Apple as an AT&T model...this is because in the United States, carriers are not required to unlock devices for use on other mobile networks, so, to trap us with their network, they require that the device, in this case the iPhone, be required to operate on their network exclusively. AT&T and Apple, due to policy and United States law, will not unlock your iPhone, and I'm really sorry about that. Their are third-party ways to unlock your iPhone, that cannot be discussed here, but they will void your Apple warranty, and could potentially damage your device. Also, be aware that warranty service...for any iPhone...will only be handled in the country that the iPhone was purchased in...so if you have any issues with your AT&T iPhone, or United States; factory unlocked iPhone...you'll need to contact the United States Apple division for support.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

15 of 21 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 2:44:45 PM
(0)
Expert

Underlyingsound wrote:

that is 100 percent incorrect, there is no such thing

Underlyingsound wrote:

16 of 21 (787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 3:05:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

I think that Underlyingsound was alluding to the lack of any law in the US mandating SIM unlocking.

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

I think that Underlyingsound was alluding to the lack of any law in the US mandating SIM unlocking.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

17 of 21 (783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 3:54:47 PM
(0)
Master
I'm reading from the post it does sound like he is alluding to a law prohibiting phones from being unlocked. There is no such law either prohibiting or requiring unlocking.

I'm reading from the post it does sound like he is alluding to a law prohibiting phones from being unlocked. There is no such law either prohibiting or requiring unlocking.

18 of 21 (775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 5:23:38 PM
(0)
Guru

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Exactly. Due to United States law (not A United States law), there is no way to force the carrier to unlock the phone. There is no such law. Read the rest of my post guys...dang. Sorry for the confusion.

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Exactly. Due to United States law (not A United States law), there is no way to force the carrier to unlock the phone. There is no such law. Read the rest of my post guys...dang. Sorry for the confusion.

19 of 21 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 5:49:34 PM
(0)
Expert

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

the way the line is written it implies that there is a law in the US tha tmandates no unlocking of the iphone. Sorry for teh semantecs but there is an interesting thread here about a poster claiming that att was doign false advertising - they assumed that the ad indicated a ipad 2 was free by the wording

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

the way the line is written it implies that there is a law in the US tha tmandates no unlocking of the iphone. Sorry for teh semantecs but there is an interesting thread here about a poster claiming that att was doign false advertising - they assumed that the ad indicated a ipad 2 was free by the wording

20 of 21 (755 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 1:03:24 PM
(0)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Post a thread about that! This is not the place to discuss that.

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Post a thread about that! This is not the place to discuss that.

21 of 21 (602 Views)