Helpful Links

unfair billing

Contributor

unfair billing

at&t lost me as a repeat customer. I am 18 months into a two year contract, which I will not renew!!!!!!!! In the past 18 months, I have never been late with a payment, never missed a payment. But last month I wrote a check out for a bill, but I accidently wrote the check for 7 cents less then the bill!!!!!!!!!!!! They then charged me 5 dollars for that 1 mistake. Greed, not customer care
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

Re: unfair billing

Who have you talked to about this and what did he/she say when you explained it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 2 of 5
Mentor

I bet they pushed out your upgrade eligibility date a few months for that also.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I called at&t billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.
Message 4 of 5
Expert

chargerman wrote:
     I called ATTM billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.

Callback and speak to another agent, I would say that if you have not been refunded for the charge before then they should have no issue giving the credit for the charge to you.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support