unfair billing

Contributor

unfair billing

at&t lost me as a repeat customer. I am 18 months into a two year contract, which I will not renew!!!!!!!! In the past 18 months, I have never been late with a payment, never missed a payment. But last month I wrote a check out for a bill, but I accidently wrote the check for 7 cents less then the bill!!!!!!!!!!!! They then charged me 5 dollars for that 1 mistake. Greed, not customer care
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

Re: unfair billing

Who have you talked to about this and what did he/she say when you explained it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 2 of 5
Mentor

I bet they pushed out your upgrade eligibility date a few months for that also.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I called at&t billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.
Message 4 of 5
Expert

chargerman wrote:
     I called ATTM billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.

Callback and speak to another agent, I would say that if you have not been refunded for the charge before then they should have no issue giving the credit for the charge to you.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support