Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2009
8:34:40 AM
View profile
unfair billing
at&t lost me as a repeat customer. I am 18 months into a two year contract, which I will not renew!!!!!!!! In the past 18 months, I have never been late with a payment, never missed a payment. But last month I wrote a check out for a bill, but I accidently wrote the check for 7 cents less then the bill!!!!!!!!!!!! They then charged me 5 dollars for that 1 mistake. Greed, not customer care
at&t lost me as a repeat customer. I am 18 months into a two year contract, which I will not renew!!!!!!!! In the past 18 months, I have never been late with a payment, never missed a payment. But last month I wrote a check out for a bill, but I accidently wrote the check for 7 cents less then the bill!!!!!!!!!!!! They then charged me 5 dollars for that 1 mistake. Greed, not customer care

unfair billing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 11:35:43 AM
(0)
Expert
Who have you talked to about this and what did he/she say when you explained it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Who have you talked to about this and what did he/she say when you explained it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Re: unfair billing

2 of 5 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2009 1:39:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
I bet they pushed out your upgrade eligibility date a few months for that also.
I bet they pushed out your upgrade eligibility date a few months for that also.

3 of 5 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 6:44:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
I called at&t billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.
I called at&t billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.

4 of 5 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 12:04:22 PM
(0)
Expert

chargerman wrote:
     I called ATTM billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.

Callback and speak to another agent, I would say that if you have not been refunded for the charge before then they should have no issue giving the credit for the charge to you.

chargerman wrote:
     I called ATTM billing office, and explained what happened. The women on the other end said "we have the right to charge five dollars for this." I then very politely asked her if they could refund the five dollars, as I have always been on top of my bill payments. She said no, there is nothing I can do for you.

Callback and speak to another agent, I would say that if you have not been refunded for the charge before then they should have no issue giving the credit for the charge to you.

5 of 5 (267 Views)