transfering

Contributor

transfering

I recently broke my go phone. I got a new one and would like to transfer the money from the old account to another? Anyone know how to?

Message 1 of 2 (369 Views)
Professor

Re: transfering

Shelby.raderr wrote:

I recently broke my go phone. I got a new one and would like to transfer the money from the old account to another? Anyone know how to?

If you had not activated your new phone, that's great. You can transfer the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone. That should do it. Just charge up the new phone and then transfer the old SIM. However if you have had the old phone for less than 6 months, the SIM may be locked but you can just go to an AT&T store and they will gladly unlock the SIM card for you.

If you had activated your new phone and you now have a new number, you cannot transfer the money to the new number but you can use up the money in the old one by transferring the old SIM to the new phone. Swapping SIM cards may not be convenient but it's the only way to use up the money in the old account.

Message 2 of 2 (358 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.