transfer contract to another iPhone

Contributor

transfer contract to another iPhone

I have iphone3 and two year contract is already over. 

Now, I am waiting for iphone5, but I want to buy galaxy S2 or iphone4 or 4s before iphone5 comes out.

If I buy galaxyS2, iphone4 or 4s now with two years contract, should I stick to that iphone for two years? or can I trasfer the two years contract to iphone5 when it come out? 

Message 1 of 4 (452 Views)
Professor

Re: transfer contract to another iPhone

The contract is on your voice plan, not the phone. You can switch to any phone during your 2 year contract. However, if you upgrade now, you won't be elegible to upgrade again when the iPhone 5 comes out, assuming it's released this year, and you'll likely have to pay full price.

Message 2 of 4 (445 Views)
Contributor

Then, is there any peroid or something to upgrade cell phone? like once a year? regardless of two year contract? 

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

lastnameha wrote:

Then, is there any peroid or something to upgrade cell phone? like once a year? regardless of two year contract? 

used to be 18 - 24 months, now it is 20 - 24 months for upgrades. Verizon was the only one that had a one year upgrade option and that has been canceled by them

Message 4 of 4 (430 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.