Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 9, 2010
1:22:43 PM
transfer contacts from non-smartphone to a smart-phone

My old phone was a Motorola non-smart phone and I have a long (150+) list of contacts in it. WHat's a good way to transfer them to my new Blackberry (Curve 8320). The numbers were stored on the phone and not the SIM card.

Before switching I did manage to connect my old Motorola to my PC and then I have a CSV file with all the Names and Tels. But not sure how to load them to the Blackberry. I did install the Blackberry desktop Manager but didn't find any relevant section in it (it requires that my old phone was a BB too).

Any tips?

--

Rahul

My old phone was a Motorola non-smart phone and I have a long (150+) list of contacts in it. WHat's a good way to transfer them to my new Blackberry (Curve 8320). The numbers were stored on the phone and not the SIM card.

Before switching I did manage to connect my old Motorola to my PC and then I have a CSV file with all the Names and Tels. But not sure how to load them to the Blackberry. I did install the Blackberry desktop Manager but didn't find any relevant section in it (it requires that my old phone was a BB too).

Any tips?

--

Rahul

transfer contacts from non-smartphone to a smart-phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2010 8:04:58 AM
(0)
Guru

I believe you can import the CSV file into Outlook and then use Desktop Manager with a cable to sync Outlook with your BB.

Alternately you can load the CSV file into Gmail and then install Google Sync on your device. This will allow you to sync wirelessly (not unlike using an Enterprise server) all of your contacts and appointments.

Bill J

I believe you can import the CSV file into Outlook and then use Desktop Manager with a cable to sync Outlook with your BB.

Alternately you can load the CSV file into Gmail and then install Google Sync on your device. This will allow you to sync wirelessly (not unlike using an Enterprise server) all of your contacts and appointments.

Bill J

Re: transfer contacts from non-smartphone to a smart-phone

2 of 2 (2,699 Views)