Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2011
12:45:16 AM
View profile
too late to return galaxys2?
That blows...I've gotten the galaxy s2 on release day, now I want the new galaxy s2 skyrocket. But, Is it too late for me to return it? If so, AT&T just screwed me over.
That blows...I've gotten the galaxy s2 on release day, now I want the new galaxy s2 skyrocket. But, Is it too late for me to return it? If so, AT&T just screwed me over.

too late to return galaxys2?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 6:41:14 AM
(0)
Guru

Skyrocket is LTE, so it's going to be a battery-hogging fatty.

Also, since it's wacky hardware with nothing in common with any other Samsung device other than the T-Mobile T989, it'll be a MUCH longer time before you see Android 4.0 available for it.

Also, since it's wacky hardware with nothing in common with any other Samsung device other than the T-Mobile T989, it'll be a MUCH longer time before you see Android 4.0 available for it.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: too late to return galaxys2?

2 of 10 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 7:14:01 AM
(0)
Expert

BernieSD wrote:

If it is within 30 days of when you got the phone you can do a 1 time buyers remorse swap out. If the phone you wnat is not available and you are witing 30 days of purchase, retrun it and back off to your old phone. Also if you obtained your phone from a franchise dealer like Best Buy or someone lese you need to find out what their return policy is.

If you are outside of the 30 day return period, you are out of luck. Sorry ATT did not "screw you over", new product hits the shelves all the time - just normal business for any company.

Look at ti this way, it could be verizon or sprint - they only have a 14 day buyers remorse window

BernieSD wrote:

If it is within 30 days of when you got the phone you can do a 1 time buyers remorse swap out. If the phone you wnat is not available and you are witing 30 days of purchase, retrun it and back off to your old phone. Also if you obtained your phone from a franchise dealer like Best Buy or someone lese you need to find out what their return policy is.

If you are outside of the 30 day return period, you are out of luck. Sorry ATT did not "screw you over", new product hits the shelves all the time - just normal business for any company.

Look at ti this way, it could be verizon or sprint - they only have a 14 day buyers remorse window

3 of 10 (562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 7:57:29 AM
(0)
Master

Entropy512 wrote:

AT&T does claim that it is using the new technology for its LTE deployment to save battery life. Let's see how that pan out before we claim it is a battery-hogging fatty Smiley Happy

The rest of the phone is so so. It lags and slugish compare to normal GS2 due to its processor.

Entropy512 wrote:

AT&T does claim that it is using the new technology for its LTE deployment to save battery life. Let's see how that pan out before we claim it is a battery-hogging fatty Smiley Happy

The rest of the phone is so so. It lags and slugish compare to normal GS2 due to its processor.

4 of 10 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 8:11:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

BernieSD wrote:

Do as I did, I emailed AT&T and told them it was just bad business to not release info to their customers stating there would be a 2nd Gen/upgraded Galaxy S2 coming out VERY shortly after the Galaxy S2's release.   I told them if I knew this was coming and obviously THEY KNEW I would have held off buying the Galaxy S2 until I saw the Skyrocket version!! Not sure I would have gone for the Skyrocket version due to the larger size but honestly I would have held off until I saw them side by side.. Skyrocket will come with a larger battery then the GS2 so battery life should be the same or maybe better with the upgraded dual core processor.

To me it's kind of like Apple releasing word that there would be a iPhone 4s a month after releasing and selling the iPhone 4.. There would be a uprising from the Apple fanboys who purchased the iPhone 4 on its release date with such an announcement.. I know new phones come out all the time but this was obviously kept under wraps while the big push for Galaxy S2's release was being done.. I feel it was kind of underhanded personally and not good business by AT&T..  

BernieSD wrote:

Do as I did, I emailed AT&T and told them it was just bad business to not release info to their customers stating there would be a 2nd Gen/upgraded Galaxy S2 coming out VERY shortly after the Galaxy S2's release.   I told them if I knew this was coming and obviously THEY KNEW I would have held off buying the Galaxy S2 until I saw the Skyrocket version!! Not sure I would have gone for the Skyrocket version due to the larger size but honestly I would have held off until I saw them side by side.. Skyrocket will come with a larger battery then the GS2 so battery life should be the same or maybe better with the upgraded dual core processor.

To me it's kind of like Apple releasing word that there would be a iPhone 4s a month after releasing and selling the iPhone 4.. There would be a uprising from the Apple fanboys who purchased the iPhone 4 on its release date with such an announcement.. I know new phones come out all the time but this was obviously kept under wraps while the big push for Galaxy S2's release was being done.. I feel it was kind of underhanded personally and not good business by AT&T..  

5 of 10 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 8:50:13 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:51:34 AM

For AT&T's defense, it does hold off any sales GS2 on Texas and California corp stores for this exact same reason.

The processor in the LTE version is a down grade, not upgrade.  The 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor can't come near the performance of the 1.2Ghz Exynos processor.  

You can still return your phone today (still within 30-day) and wait for the new one on 11/6.

For AT&T's defense, it does hold off any sales GS2 on Texas and California corp stores for this exact same reason.

The processor in the LTE version is a down grade, not upgrade.  The 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor can't come near the performance of the 1.2Ghz Exynos processor.  

You can still return your phone today (still within 30-day) and wait for the new one on 11/6.

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 10:26:10 AM
(0)
Teacher
The processor in the LTE version is what gets me - why would they use a slower processer... doesn't make sense.

This is the deal breaker for me - I'd rather go with the non-LTE version and have the quicker, snappier Exynos than the slower Qualcomm. What good is having higher net speeds if the phone is sluggish..
The processor in the LTE version is what gets me - why would they use a slower processer... doesn't make sense.

This is the deal breaker for me - I'd rather go with the non-LTE version and have the quicker, snappier Exynos than the slower Qualcomm. What good is having higher net speeds if the phone is sluggish..
~Maria Sent via Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

7 of 10 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 11:15:50 AM
(0)
Master

Because the LTE radio requires a Qualcomm chip. And Qualcomm obviously requires Samsung to use its processor in order to use the LTE radio chip. Same story as T-Mobile's version of GS2. The 42mbps HSPA+ radio in that phone comes from a Qualcomm chip and mandates the use of Qualcomm processor.

Because the LTE radio requires a Qualcomm chip. And Qualcomm obviously requires Samsung to use its processor in order to use the LTE radio chip. Same story as T-Mobile's version of GS2. The 42mbps HSPA+ radio in that phone comes from a Qualcomm chip and mandates the use of Qualcomm processor.

8 of 10 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 11:20:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

LuvrGirl wrote:

Kind of a draw then I would think, faster net speed with a slower processor compared to the GS2.. Again not sure I'd want a bigger phone but I really think  SkyRocket shouldn't have been kept under wraps as it was.. Can't help but think the iPhone 4S's release being set for shortly after the GS2's release had a hand in this, although like LuvrGirl wrote why in god's name would you put a inferior processor in the SkyRocket?  Is it less power consumption? 

LuvrGirl wrote:

Kind of a draw then I would think, faster net speed with a slower processor compared to the GS2.. Again not sure I'd want a bigger phone but I really think  SkyRocket shouldn't have been kept under wraps as it was.. Can't help but think the iPhone 4S's release being set for shortly after the GS2's release had a hand in this, although like LuvrGirl wrote why in god's name would you put a inferior processor in the SkyRocket?  Is it less power consumption? 

9 of 10 (501 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 6:42:44 AM
(0)
Guru

foxbat121 wrote:

You stated it better than I could have.

The fact that the Snapdragon has to clock at 1.5 GHz to achieve the same performance as an Exynos at 1.2, combined with LTE's notoriety for poor battery life, means that the tiny increase in battery capacity is going to be nullified at best case.

foxbat121 wrote:

You stated it better than I could have.

The fact that the Snapdragon has to clock at 1.5 GHz to achieve the same performance as an Exynos at 1.2, combined with LTE's notoriety for poor battery life, means that the tiny increase in battery capacity is going to be nullified at best case.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

10 of 10 (443 Views)