the wizard was interrupted before at&t communication manager could be completely installed

Contributor

the wizard was interrupted before at&t communication manager could be completely installed

I have a new Dell Laptop and when I try to use the install wizard for the communication mgr, i receive the following error msg "the wizard was interrupted before at&t communication manager could be completely installed"

Message 1 of 3 (1,502 Views)
Contributor

Re: the wizard was interrupted before at&t communication manager could be completely installed

I am having this exact same problem.  I've tried installing directly from the USB connect device; I've tried installing from the download off of att.com/acm with the same results.

I was hoping someone would have replied to you by now.  Did you every figure it out?

Message 2 of 3 (1,326 Views)
Contributor

Re: the wizard was interrupted before at&t communication manager could be completely installed

I have the same problem; I have tried a lot of potential fixes, I just posted on it:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/LaptopConnect-Tethering-for/Wizard-interrupted-ACM-unable-to-insta...

I've been messing with this issue for around a year, many times for 5-8 hours at a stretch. I think it is a straightforward software conflict, but smarter minds may correct me there. I'm not a computer whiz, but I do troubleshoot engineering.

My suggestion is that anyone who has this issue CALL support and ask for the laptop connect support group.Keep calling and try different personnel. Sooner or later, if enough wheels squeek, someone will admit there is an issue with ACM installs and help us. There is bound to be a knowledgeable person somewhere who knows how to find/fix this, we just have to get their attention somehow. I have found all the personnel i have dealt with on the phone to be as helpful as they can be, but nobody seems to really understand what is going on. The XML parser "fix" has no relevance in my case. I have not spoken to anyone at ATT who has personally been through this fiasco.

Message 3 of 3 (1,140 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.