Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2010
5:10:57 PM
texting

If mobile to mobile is free, why ain't texting to same carrier not free too ?

If mobile to mobile is free, why ain't texting to same carrier not free too ?

texting

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 5:12:03 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Just the way it is.

Just the way it is.

Re: texting

2 of 15 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2010 5:18:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

that is just excuses. People are tired of excuses. Cell phone rates are too high not and people should be offered better plans  and not taken advantage off.

If Sprint had the towers they would be in the lead with their plans right now.

that is just excuses. People are tired of excuses. Cell phone rates are too high not and people should be offered better plans  and not taken advantage off.

If Sprint had the towers they would be in the lead with their plans right now.

3 of 15 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 8:57:51 AM
(0)
Professor

I'm sure sprint would. I'm sure that <insert any random carrier> will take the lead because they have <insert any random cool feature>.

Until then, that's the way it is. Go to sprint and take advantage of their awesome deals and okay coverage.

I'm sure sprint would. I'm sure that <insert any random carrier> will take the lead because they have <insert any random cool feature>.

Until then, that's the way it is. Go to sprint and take advantage of their awesome deals and okay coverage.

4 of 15 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 10:55:03 AM
(0)
Guru

AT&T used to have mobile to mobile messaging. It wasnt popular, nor profitable so they canned it.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

AT&T used to have mobile to mobile messaging. It wasnt popular, nor profitable so they canned it.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

5 of 15 (231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 10:57:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

My current Verizon plan has mobile to mobile texting included.  I wonder if that will still be the case when I'm transitioned to AT&T?

My current Verizon plan has mobile to mobile texting included.  I wonder if that will still be the case when I'm transitioned to AT&T?

6 of 15 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 11:00:30 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by UNSC_REACH on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:00:54 AM

belome wrote:

Its a small possibility you might get it. I know the biling system still marks "M2M" messages. But, even if you did get it, it wouldnt be free to your old Verizon people.

I doubt they will give it though.

belome wrote:

Its a small possibility you might get it. I know the biling system still marks "M2M" messages. But, even if you did get it, it wouldnt be free to your old Verizon people.

I doubt they will give it though.

[ Edited ]
7 of 15 (227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 11:01:08 AM
(0)
Guru

belome wrote:

Your plan and features will stay the same, unless you upgrade to a new phone, at which point you will be required to accept a new contract, AND AT&T plans and features.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

belome wrote:

Your plan and features will stay the same, unless you upgrade to a new phone, at which point you will be required to accept a new contract, AND AT&T plans and features.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

8 of 15 (222 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 2:20:02 PM
(0)
Guru

mightyjeeper wrote:

belome wrote:

I might be mistaken, but I don't think AT&T has to honor Verizon's plans and features. Switching to AT&T will require you to choose a new phone (unless you're signing up with an AT&T branded, or unlocked compatible phone, a Verizon phone is not compatible) and a new plan and new features.

You will not get to keep the mobile to mobile texting that Verizon has offered you.

mightyjeeper wrote:

belome wrote:

I might be mistaken, but I don't think AT&T has to honor Verizon's plans and features. Switching to AT&T will require you to choose a new phone (unless you're signing up with an AT&T branded, or unlocked compatible phone, a Verizon phone is not compatible) and a new plan and new features.

You will not get to keep the mobile to mobile texting that Verizon has offered you.

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.

9 of 15 (207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:01:38 PM
(0)
Professor

juicy, belome is undergoing a forced market migration from Verizon.

Its a issue from another thread, he is being forced by the FCC to switch. Its a separate issue, and that's why the circumstances are different. Smiley Happy

Its a issue from another thread, he is being forced by the FCC to switch. Its a separate issue, and that's why the circumstances are different. Smiley Happy

10 of 15 (205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:07:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

belome wrote:

My old Verizon messaging plan (July '09) didn't include mobile-to-mobile messaging...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

belome wrote:

My old Verizon messaging plan (July '09) didn't include mobile-to-mobile messaging...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 15 (159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 3:29:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

AT&T no longer offer the M2M messaging... that was back when data plans and messaging were combined and it was removed about 1 year ago. only rates for sms text are 200 1500 and unlimited.

AT&T no longer offer the M2M messaging... that was back when data plans and messaging were combined and it was removed about 1 year ago. only rates for sms text are 200 1500 and unlimited.

12 of 15 (158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 2:00:58 AM
(0)
Professor

JustARep wrote:

That's right, but as UNSC_REACH stated, "belome is undergoing a forced market migration from Verizon.

Its a issue from another thread, he is being forced by the FCC to switch. Its a separate issue, and that's why the circumstances are different."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

JustARep wrote:

That's right, but as UNSC_REACH stated, "belome is undergoing a forced market migration from Verizon.

Its a issue from another thread, he is being forced by the FCC to switch. Its a separate issue, and that's why the circumstances are different."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

13 of 15 (141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 5:16:45 AM
(0)
Guru

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Thats exactly right. AT&T will honor the migrated customer's old plan, until the customer wants to change anything, then its change everything or nothing, for lack of a better explaination.

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Thats exactly right. AT&T will honor the migrated customer's old plan, until the customer wants to change anything, then its change everything or nothing, for lack of a better explaination.

14 of 15 (137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2010 8:20:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

The sad part is that almost all of my calling and texts are to other Verizon customers.  So even if I get free calling and texting to AT&T customers its is still a change in my plan.  [and doesn't do me a lot of good since I hardly know anyone with AT&T.]  It would be really cool if I could keep calling and texting my Verizon friends for free, but I know thats not gonna happen.

The sad part is that almost all of my calling and texts are to other Verizon customers.  So even if I get free calling and texting to AT&T customers its is still a change in my plan.  [and doesn't do me a lot of good since I hardly know anyone with AT&T.]  It would be really cool if I could keep calling and texting my Verizon friends for free, but I know thats not gonna happen.

15 of 15 (114 Views)