texting questions

Contributor

texting questions

I had 200 texts for my phone and today upgraded to unlimited. My next bill cycle starts on 3/15. My question is do I have to wait until the next cycle for it to take effect or do I have unlimited now? Also, I know that I went over my 200 so if it does start now, will I have to pay extra for those or just the unlimited price? I went back later to look at my plan features and saw that the unlimited texting wasn't checked, but neither was the 200. I printed out the page that was called confirm feature selection and then hit submit. So do I have the unlimited or not? One more question, I heard that AT&T bought Cell One, so are they considered mobile to mobile? Will I get charged for calling someone that had Cell One? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3 (1,394 Views)
Guru

Re: texting questions

Call customer service back and ask them what they put the start date on your new texting package as.
Message 2 of 3 (1,383 Views)
Master

Re: texting questions

cleister86 wrote:
I had 200 texts for my phone and today upgraded to unlimited. My next bill cycle starts on 3/15. My question is do I have to wait until the next cycle for it to take effect or do I have unlimited now? Also, I know that I went over my 200 so if it does start now, will I have to pay extra for those or just the unlimited price? I went back later to look at my plan features and saw that the unlimited texting wasn't checked, but neither was the 200. I printed out the page that was called confirm feature selection and then hit submit. So do I have the unlimited or not? One more question, I heard that AT&T bought Cell One, so are they considered mobile to mobile? Will I get charged for calling someone that had Cell One? Thanks in advance.

It should take affect right away.  Since you went over your 200 texts, you will be charged extra.  (15 cents per text after you go over)  If your worried that unlimited texting is not added, give customer care a call and confirm.  AT&T and Cell One I believe are not considered mobile to mobile.  Mobile to mobile needs to be between AT&T and another AT&T customer.  You will get charged air time mintues when calling someone on Cell One. 
Message 3 of 3 (1,298 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.