text messages with a non valid number

Contributor

text messages with a non valid number

so i have been receiving text messages from a random number and I think it is from an internet site. is there a way to track where it is coming from?
Message 1 of 3 (1,029 Views)
Master

Re: text messages with a non valid number

j.sc.210 wrote:
so i have been receiving text messages from a random number and I think it is from an internet site. is there a way to track where it is coming from?

What does the text message say?  You can try to select stop or this might help:

By going to www.wireless.att.com/textmessaging and selecting 'Messaging Preferences' on the right, AT&T customers can now setup and manage their PC-to-Mobile messaging preferences (PC2M). Once registered, customers can create an alias, block incoming messages, manage email delivery controls and setup block/allow lists.

Message Preferences manages PC-to-Mobile user preferences and not Mobile-to-Mobile messaging. It helps customers fight against unsolicited messages and other forms of spam. If you have a question, feel free to ask in our Messaging forum or place a call to Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless handset).

(Last part taken from Sentry: Click here)

Message 2 of 3 (1,030 Views)
Contributor

Re: text messages with a non valid number

its from a number 1010100045.  in the subject line it says text2 day message. then the message says its from a secret admirer. but the number displayed has been the same twice.

Message 3 of 3 (1,023 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.