text messages with a non valid number

Contributor

text messages with a non valid number

so i have been receiving text messages from a random number and I think it is from an internet site. is there a way to track where it is coming from?
Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: text messages with a non valid number

j.sc.210 wrote:
so i have been receiving text messages from a random number and I think it is from an internet site. is there a way to track where it is coming from?

What does the text message say?  You can try to select stop or this might help:

By going to www.wireless.att.com/textmessaging and selecting 'Messaging Preferences' on the right, AT&T customers can now setup and manage their PC-to-Mobile messaging preferences (PC2M). Once registered, customers can create an alias, block incoming messages, manage email delivery controls and setup block/allow lists.

Message Preferences manages PC-to-Mobile user preferences and not Mobile-to-Mobile messaging. It helps customers fight against unsolicited messages and other forms of spam. If you have a question, feel free to ask in our Messaging forum or place a call to Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless handset).

(Last part taken from Sentry: Click here)

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: text messages with a non valid number

its from a number 1010100045.  in the subject line it says text2 day message. then the message says its from a secret admirer. but the number displayed has been the same twice.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support