Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2011
3:33:59 PM
View profile
text message

I am using AT&T and I am able to send Chinese text messages to a T-mobile phone. But when a T-mobile phone send me a text in Chinese , I am not able to see it (English text messages work fine both ways). Is there a reason for that?

I am using AT&T and I am able to send Chinese text messages to a T-mobile phone. But when a T-mobile phone send me a text in Chinese , I am not able to see it (English text messages work fine both ways). Is there a reason for that?

text message

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 6:33:57 PM
(0)
Master

Can ATT or Verizon customers send you a text in Chinese or is this something your seeing with T-Mobile users only?

Can ATT or Verizon customers send you a text in Chinese or is this something your seeing with T-Mobile users only?

Re: text message

2 of 3 (658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 3:22:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tested this 2-byte code SMSs with T-Mobile and Verizon friends and confirmed that currently only the AT&T has limits.  AT&T people cannot read texts originated from outside AT&T.  We don't have problems within AT&T network. For people with other carriers, we can send it but we won't be able to read it if a T-Mobile person or a Verizon person sends.

It sucks.  But hopefully this will change in the near future.

I tested this 2-byte code SMSs with T-Mobile and Verizon friends and confirmed that currently only the AT&T has limits.  AT&T people cannot read texts originated from outside AT&T.  We don't have problems within AT&T network. For people with other carriers, we can send it but we won't be able to read it if a T-Mobile person or a Verizon person sends.

It sucks.  But hopefully this will change in the near future.

Re: text message

3 of 3 (598 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments