text message stuck in outbox? How do I get rid of it?

Scholar

text message stuck in outbox? How do I get rid of it?

This is regarding a Motorola Razr V3. I recently purchased an unlocked motorola razr for my ATT wireless account.

About once a day, I get charged for a text message sent to the phone number '453'. I'm not sure what number that is, or what is going on? This particular phone is being used on a family plan by a person who does not do any texting. According to a person at AT&T, it was thought that a text message was stuck in the outbox. I don't see any text messages on the phone either in the sent folder or the outbox, so not sure what that is about..

This is for an older AT&T wireless account. Adding a text message package to cover the 30 or so outgoing texts a month is NOT an option. Also blocking all text messages is also not an available option. Right now this is costing about $6 per month.

I have done a master clear, and a master reset and neither one worked. I know this problem is related to the phone itself and not to the service in anyway because the texts started the day after the phone was being used. I could buy another phone at last resort, but does anyone have any other ideas on what can be done to stop these texts? Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (1,323 Views)

Re: text message stuck in outbox? How do I get rid of it?

The only resolution I can think of at the moment (since you mentioned already trying the Master Clear and Master Reset and this being an "unlocked" phone), would be to flash the phone with its original firmware, however, that would be considered modding which is not a discussable topic in these forums...you'll have to personal message me for more detail. 

Message 2 of 2 (1,316 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.