switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

Contributor

switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

I recently changed my internet from at&t DSL to time warner cable.  I am using the same router that I was before.  my microcell has stopped broadcasting a 3g signal, i assume due to the new internet service.  everything worked perfectly before.  the microcell is the only device that seems to have a problem with my new internet connection. 

I have also tried to use a different router, and it still doesnt work.  the 2 routers I have tried are a dlink wbr-2310 and a monorpice wireless n router.  

my cable modem is a cisco 2100.

the power, ethernet and gps signals are all solid green. 

any advice for resolving this?

Message 1 of 3 (1,336 Views)
Contributor

Re: switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

I also want to note that I have tried plugging the microcell directly into the cable modem and that doesnt work either. 

Message 2 of 3 (1,335 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

You might want to check the settings on the cable modem. If it is doing NAT and so is your router, the MicroCell won't work with double NAT. The only change to your system was switching to cable so I'd look there first.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (1,280 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.