Ask a question

Posted May 19, 2012
    5:58:37 PM
    View profile
    switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

I recently changed my internet from at&t DSL to time warner cable.  I am using the same router that I was before.  my microcell has stopped broadcasting a 3g signal, i assume due to the new internet service.  everything worked perfectly before.  the microcell is the only device that seems to have a problem with my new internet connection. 

I have also tried to use a different router, and it still doesnt work.  the 2 routers I have tried are a dlink wbr-2310 and a monorpice wireless n router.  

my cable modem is a cisco 2100.

the power, ethernet and gps signals are all solid green. 

any advice for resolving this?

switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 19, 2012 6:00:19 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I also want to note that I have tried plugging the microcell directly into the cable modem and that doesnt work either. 

Re: switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

2 of 3 (1,322 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 21, 2012 8:35:14 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    You might want to check the settings on the cable modem. If it is doing NAT and so is your router, the MicroCell won't work with double NAT. The only change to your system was switching to cable so I'd look there first.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: switched from DSL to Cable - 3G indicator now flashing green/wont connect

3 of 3 (1,267 Views)