Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 14, 2011
9:26:49 AM
View profile
switch from family plan to prepaid plan

I am currently under a four-person att family plan. (My friend is the family account holder.) Now I want to quit the famlily plan and use the att prepaid plan (10c per min). Can I keep my phone and number? What I should do? Thanks!

I am currently under a four-person att family plan. (My friend is the family account holder.) Now I want to quit the famlily plan and use the att prepaid plan (10c per min). Can I keep my phone and number? What I should do? Thanks!

switch from family plan to prepaid plan

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 10:27:13 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Yes. You can keep your number and a phone (except the iPhone). If you're still under the contract you will have to pay an early termination fee though.

Yes. You can keep your number and a phone (except the iPhone). If you're still under the contract you will have to pay an early termination fee though.

Re: switch from family plan to prepaid plan

2 of 3 (2,166 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 5:00:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

will_chang wrote:

You'll need to visit a local Corporate store or contact at&t customer service along with your friend so that they can release the responsibility of the line of service/phone number to you.  At that point, at&t can then convert your line of service to a prepaid account type.  Just make certain they understand you want to keep your existing phone number (not start a brand new line of service) and that you will be using your existing phone (so you don't need to purchase a new device).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

will_chang wrote:

You'll need to visit a local Corporate store or contact at&t customer service along with your friend so that they can release the responsibility of the line of service/phone number to you.  At that point, at&t can then convert your line of service to a prepaid account type.  Just make certain they understand you want to keep your existing phone number (not start a brand new line of service) and that you will be using your existing phone (so you don't need to purchase a new device).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: switch from family plan to prepaid plan

3 of 3 (2,157 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments