stupid picture messages...i need help!

Contributor

stupid picture messages...i need help!

My phone used to work just fine. I could access the internet, log onto my AIM, and send/recieve picture messages. However, now my phone refuses to connect with the internet or AIM, and when I try to sed or retrieve a picture message; it says, "retrieving failed.Try again?". I do not know what is wrong with it. I carry an unlimited messaging plan. Although the internet cost me extra, I don't use it, but I think the fact that it won't let me on may have something to do with the problem. Please help me!
Message 1 of 3 (985 Views)
Master

Re: stupid picture messages...i need help!

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're saying that you disabled internet access (MediaNet) from your account.  If that's the case, you won't be able to send/receive MMS, as it has to go through MediaNet.

If that's not the case, please clarify this statement  Although the internet cost me extra, I don't use it, but I think the fact that it won't let me on may have something to do with the problem. 

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Message 2 of 3 (979 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: stupid picture messages...i need help!

Unless you've changed your phone's settings recently, then it's likely the provisioning for "pay per use" GPRS (MediaNet) on your account has been removed. 

Contact customer service (1-800-331-0500) and have them check your account provisioning for this access as you need it for MMS to function.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3 (909 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.