Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2011
10:45:01 PM
View profile
stuck, they put purchase blocker & gave me a pin# and I have no way to use Media Net

Last week I called cust serv and they told me that somehow some trivia game got purchased on my phone. Told them I didn't know how that happened, and they offered Purchase blocker . Now I would like to download a Google Task organizer for 3.00 from market and I am blocked. Does anyone know how to block and unblock? I have a Samsung Captivate.

thanks

Last week I called cust serv and they told me that somehow some trivia game got purchased on my phone. Told them I didn't know how that happened, and they offered Purchase blocker . Now I would like to download a Google Task organizer for 3.00 from market and I am blocked. Does anyone know how to block and unblock? I have a Samsung Captivate.

thanks

stuck, they put purchase blocker & gave me a pin# and I have no way to use Media Net

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 12:44:08 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jul 25, 2011 at 12:46:30 AM

You can download *.apk file to your PC. Then transfer the file from your PC to your phone.

Do it at your own risk.

You can download *.apk file to your PC. Then transfer the file from your PC to your phone.

Do it at your own risk.

Re: stuck, they put purchase blocker & gave me a pin# and I have no way to use Media Net

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,093 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 11:02:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi - problem solved. I logged onto the AT&T live tech chat. While I was on with the rep, who was very helpful, he unblocked the purchase blocker, I then downloaded the Google Task organizer,  then he asked if it was installed and up and running, he waited for me to fumble around - it installed and is working, and then he put the purchase blocker back on, while I was still  online "chat".  He found out that these high end smartphones (Android) were designed for executives, and they felt that there would be no need for some VIP to set parental controls. 

I found the MediaNet site for our other line HTC Tilt Win 6.5 smartphone - but  you can only set controls for that phone, not any other phone on the account.. I hope that  people check their android phones for subscriptions, somebody has found a way to charge for games, trivia and other stuff without owners permission. I know I wasn't drunk (don't drink) and I have no children in the house. So although it is a pain to go to tech chat, it is better than being billed for 5.99 a month for something you never heard of! Kudos to the chat techs.Smiley Happy

Hi - problem solved. I logged onto the AT&T live tech chat. While I was on with the rep, who was very helpful, he unblocked the purchase blocker, I then downloaded the Google Task organizer,  then he asked if it was installed and up and running, he waited for me to fumble around - it installed and is working, and then he put the purchase blocker back on, while I was still  online "chat".  He found out that these high end smartphones (Android) were designed for executives, and they felt that there would be no need for some VIP to set parental controls. 

I found the MediaNet site for our other line HTC Tilt Win 6.5 smartphone - but  you can only set controls for that phone, not any other phone on the account.. I hope that  people check their android phones for subscriptions, somebody has found a way to charge for games, trivia and other stuff without owners permission. I know I wasn't drunk (don't drink) and I have no children in the house. So although it is a pain to go to tech chat, it is better than being billed for 5.99 a month for something you never heard of! Kudos to the chat techs.Smiley Happy

Re: stuck, they put purchase blocker & gave me a pin# and I have no way to use Media Net

3 of 3 (1,074 Views)