so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

so i just started working for Big Blue, doing CS for U-Verse. however during peak business i am trained to handle wireless accts as well. (well.... BEING trained) the original training course was to be Aug 29 - Sept 28, then 2 weeks of OJT. we just got the announcement today that "due to unseen circumstances, you will be on the floor, in production, monday morning, the 26th. you are required to work saturday the 17th and 24th in order to get the remaining 2 days of training in on time." of course, as spoiled american's we are, we complained. so now we are doing ten 10 hour shifts to still get those 16 hrs of training in this and next week. BUT! why would ALL THE SUDDEN we have to be on the floor? why is monday so special? why is wednesday not good enough? why is this some mysterious announcement? i asked my trainer (we were both just ribbing each other, i'm not being all mean about it.) what our options were, he said those are the options and to not kill the messenger. i said "well get HR on the horn! i got a bone to pick" (i really don't. i really don't care.) he said "this is coming straight from corporate today. no explanations." and now you have to ruin EVERYONE'S personal non work schedule for just to beat your original training deadline by TWO DAYS?!

i smell iPhone 5 pre-orders. and if thats true.... i'm predicting my first few days of work to be complete hades. Smiley Very Happy i know this is mere speculation, but everyone loves new iphone speculation, so there's some more Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 16 (857 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

Hi there!

Congratulations on your post as as a CSR at AT&T! Good to see you guys interacting with us on the forums! (Wish I was part of this actually, seems so much fun!)

It could be the iPhone speculation. It could also be a exercise to get a feel on how things really are on the floor so there are no surprises after training!

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16 (847 Views)
Professor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)


keithyhuntington wrote:

so i just started working for Big Blue, doing CS for U-Verse. however during peak business i am trained to handle wireless accts as well. (well.... BEING trained) the original training course was to be Aug 29 - Sept 28, then 2 weeks of OJT. we just got the announcement today that "due to unseen circumstances, you will be on the floor, in production, monday morning, the 26th. you are required to work saturday the 17th and 24th in order to get the remaining 2 days of training in on time." of course, as spoiled american's we are, we complained. so now we are doing ten 10 hour shifts to still get those 16 hrs of training in this and next week. BUT! why would ALL THE SUDDEN we have to be on the floor? why is monday so special? why is wednesday not good enough? why is this some mysterious announcement? i asked my trainer (we were both just ribbing each other, i'm not being all mean about it.) what our options were, he said those are the options and to not kill the messenger. i said "well get HR on the horn! i got a bone to pick" (i really don't. i really don't care.) he said "this is coming straight from corporate today. no explanations." and now you have to ruin EVERYONE'S personal non work schedule for just to beat your original training deadline by TWO DAYS?!

i smell iPhone 5 pre-orders. and if thats true.... i'm predicting my first few days of work to be complete hades. Smiley Very Happy i know this is mere speculation, but everyone loves new iphone speculation, so there's some more Smiley Happy


I doubt Preorders are taken this early!!  but if they are i am ready to preorder my IP5.

 

 

 

 

sorry about your luck on the training and work  schedule.but at least you have a **JOB**   some people do not have a job or can not find work.why are you complaing?  consider your self lucky to have a job.  some people i  swear!!

Message 3 of 16 (826 Views)

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

"sorry about your luck on the training and work  schedule.but at least you have a **JOB**   some people do not have a job or can not find work.why are you complaing?  consider your self lucky to have a job.  some people i  swear!!"

 

again... notice how i said we were ribbing each other about such an atrocity on humanity. i'm just being facetious. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 16 (820 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

i know so was i lol  

i hope you are right about  AT&T gearing up for Preorders on the IP5.   if it is true thanks for the info..

Message 5 of 16 (815 Views)
Professor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

It takes 16 hours of training to take a preorder for a phone? I'd think that most preorders would be done on-line. I could see it for extra floor help for when a new phone gets released, though.
Message 6 of 16 (788 Views)
Contributor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

He said he was joking around and that he wasn't actually complaining, just ribbing his new boss.  He sounds very glad to be there.  Read his post again--he is not complaining.  Just joining in on the IP5 speculation.

 

BTW, my 3G is on its last leg and I have been waiting for months for this stupid phone.  I also wonder if AT&T will let me keep my same plan, (unlimited calls and data) or if they will make me switch to one of the data plans that isnt unlimited.

 

 

Message 7 of 16 (770 Views)
Master

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

Thanks for the heads up.  Please be carefull about what you post!  We would not like to see someone loose their job over releaseing something that may not be for us here in the public.  We are all very excited to see iOS 5 and the next iPhone!

 

 

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 16 (747 Views)

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)


keithyhuntington wrote:

so i just started working for Big Blue, 



Hmmmm,  I wonder what your new employer thinks about you feeding the rumor mill about their client's business activities.

 

I can tell you how they'd feel,   not too good.

 

Maybe it's time you delete this "rumor" that's associated with your employer's client.

 

Smiley Happy

 

Message 9 of 16 (692 Views)

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

[ Edited ]

wireless-user wrote:

 

Hmmmm,  I wonder what your new employer thinks about you feeding the rumor mill about their client's business activities.

 

 

Smiley Happy

 



i would assume that since i am not speaking on facts, just theories... probably nothing. thats all CNET is made up of, is people like myself making theories and crossing fingers on this pre-order date. i'm fed up with  my 3Gs so i REALLY want this phone to hurry up and come out. lol. but i know no more than you do, or anyone else on this board probably. the way i see it, i know as much as i would if it was my wife working and she said "UGH! they said we have to work overtime this and next week so we can be on teh floor by monday!" my wife don't know jack squat about the tech blogosphere, but i would be alerted by that announcement. i would already be making my theories... so i just see it as that. i'm just some blow-hard making theories on what i observe. the same theories as "verizon workers have said they can't have vacation in october' so? they can't have vacation. but a few people would take that and run with it.

i'm probably wrong anyway.... because i would assume apple would make the announcement and give about 5 business days before the pre-order day. and i would assume they would send out invitations for the Apple Event 2-3 weeks prior... (i beleiev thats how it was last year?) and we have 10 days from today until the 26th. seems VERY tight. could happen. who knows.... just seems unlikely.

Message 10 of 16 (687 Views)
Professor

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

As long as no trade secrets are given away (and there weren't) any business owner is usually happy that there is increased traffic on the business' website.  I would think that AT&T would be glad that people care enough about iPhone 5 rumors to still check their website, when there are probably at least two other carriers to get it from this time.

 

$.02

Message 11 of 16 (503 Views)
Master

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

The only thing I want to hear at this point is Apples announcement of the "new" iPhone. Doubt very highly that it's going to be for the iPhone 5, but rather the iPhone 4S. I could be wrong, though....
Message 12 of 16 (497 Views)

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)


keithyhuntington wrote:

<snip>.

i'm probably wrong anyway.... because i would assume apple would make the announcement and give about 5 business days before the pre-order day. and i would assume they would send out invitations for the Apple Event 2-3 weeks prior... (i beleiev thats how it was last year?) and we have 10 days from today until the 26th. seems VERY tight. could happen. who knows.... just seems unlikely.


 

So, let me help you,  having worked for AT&T and Big Blue for a number of years, in the area that you're working.

 

I would terminate your employment without a second thought.

 

What goes on in your workspace is proprietary, it isn't your responsibility to start, propagate, or feed rumors that relate to your employer or its clients.

 

Somewhere along the line you signed a Business Conduct Guidelines agreement, obviously you don't understand what you signed.

 

Don't believe me,  show this thread to your manager....

 

 

Message 13 of 16 (483 Views)
Guru

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)


wireless-user wrote:

keithyhuntington wrote:

<snip>.

i'm probably wrong anyway.... because i would assume apple would make the announcement and give about 5 business days before the pre-order day. and i would assume they would send out invitations for the Apple Event 2-3 weeks prior... (i beleiev thats how it was last year?) and we have 10 days from today until the 26th. seems VERY tight. could happen. who knows.... just seems unlikely.


 

So, let me help you,  having worked for AT&T and Big Blue for a number of years, in the area that you're working.

 

I would terminate your employment without a second thought.

 

What goes on in your workspace is proprietary, it isn't your responsibility to start, propagate, or feed rumors that relate to your employer or its clients.

 

Somewhere along the line you signed a Business Conduct Guidelines agreement, obviously you don't understand what you signed.

 

Don't believe me,  show this thread to your manager....

 

 


Alert, alert--(wannabe) HR police presence detected... Smiley Wink

 

Aren't you taking the OP's comments a bit personal (and yes, you made it personal with your "I would terminate your employment without a second thought" comment)?  I mean, it's not as if the OP let on as to whether there will indeed be a new iPhone model and when exactly will it be available for pre-order or purchase.

Message 14 of 16 (442 Views)

Re: so, i work at AT&T (re: iP5)

Yeah, my only problem with this post is that AT&T isn't "Big Blue", that's IBM's nom de pluer...

Message 15 of 16 (436 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.