Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 27, 2012
3:59:17 PM
View profile
set DIALER as default dial out

I have a new Samsung Galaxy note.

Currently, when I call up a phone book contact , I am given a choice of dialing out by selecting

- DIALER (My AT&T)

or

- LINE 2

I am forced to manually select the service.

At home or office a bothersome hassle, but when calling via Bluetooth Voice Recognition while driving it is a dangerous distraction.

I would like to set the DIALER (My AT&T) app as my default dial out so I don't have to take my hands off the steering wheel and "choose" the carrier.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you. Much appreciated.

- Joe

I have a new Samsung Galaxy note.

Currently, when I call up a phone book contact , I am given a choice of dialing out by selecting

- DIALER (My AT&T)

or

- LINE 2

I am forced to manually select the service.

At home or office a bothersome hassle, but when calling via Bluetooth Voice Recognition while driving it is a dangerous distraction.

I would like to set the DIALER (My AT&T) app as my default dial out so I don't have to take my hands off the steering wheel and "choose" the carrier.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you. Much appreciated.

- Joe

set DIALER as default dial out

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2012 6:13:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

change the settings of skype and line 2 to only be accessed when you open the app. When you are in the app choose the bottom left button, the way you access your phone settings, it should bring up the app settings also. I do not have skpe so I never had those choices on my phone. 

change the settings of skype and line 2 to only be accessed when you open the app. When you are in the app choose the bottom left button, the way you access your phone settings, it should bring up the app settings also. I do not have skpe so I never had those choices on my phone. 

Re: set DIALER as default dial out

2 of 3 (351 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 8:12:57 PM
(0)
Employee
When it gives you those options check USE DEFAULT and then choose dialer
When it gives you those options check USE DEFAULT and then choose dialer
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: set DIALER as default dial out

3 of 3 (312 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments