Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 17, 2008
6:22:22 PM
View profile
seirra 881 air card
Does anyone else out here use this broadband connection?  Have any ideas on how well it works or not ??
Does anyone else out here use this broadband connection?  Have any ideas on how well it works or not ??

seirra 881 air card

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2008 11:24:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
I got a refurbished 881 Air Card, and it works great. 2G connection is solid. Speeds are faster than dial up, but slower than good DSL. Around 350kpbs in the country for me with a signal booster.
I got a refurbished 881 Air Card, and it works great. 2G connection is solid. Speeds are faster than dial up, but slower than good DSL. Around 350kpbs in the country for me with a signal booster.

Re: seirra 881 air card

2 of 3 (1,981 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2008 3:20:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
At&t's broadband service is very good in my area, but the coverage in your area is going to determine if you are satisfied or not.  Check the coverage map or better see if anyone in the area that you will be using the service most has At&t broadband and what their experience has been.  If on the 3G network the speeds will be fast (I get 1.5 MB per second both up and down) and even on the EDGE network they will be faster than dial up.  There is a 5GB soft cap on the amount of monthly data, but I understand if you do not go over on a consistent basis it will not be an issue
At&t's broadband service is very good in my area, but the coverage in your area is going to determine if you are satisfied or not.  Check the coverage map or better see if anyone in the area that you will be using the service most has At&t broadband and what their experience has been.  If on the 3G network the speeds will be fast (I get 1.5 MB per second both up and down) and even on the EDGE network they will be faster than dial up.  There is a 5GB soft cap on the amount of monthly data, but I understand if you do not go over on a consistent basis it will not be an issue

Re: seirra 881 air card

3 of 3 (1,975 Views)