Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 8, 2012
12:27:21 AM
View profile
scaming customers & topping it off with horrible customer's service

i found out that at&t was charging me  10 dollards every month for something that i have never signed up for ,i thought that a big wireless carrier such as at&t will never do such a thing like that ,  so i called the customer service on 4/6/2012 around 8pm and i spoke to a lady withe the name Catie she appologized to me for this mistake  and she told me that  her computer wont let her go back more that 2 month and she offered me $50 credit , so i explainded to he that i have been an at&t customer for so many years, god knows , and i would like to find out how long have i been charged then she put me on hold , later she got back with me with another offer which was  credit $ 250  still she couldn't find out how long have i had beeing charged , my monthly payment has been almost $150  for only one line all this time ,after that she couldn't get that information for me i asked her to let me speak to a supervisor and then she put someone with the name Harvy supposibly he was the supervisor , this guy he was extremely unprofessional and rude treating me that i was trying to get something for free so he took  off the offer that  Catie gave me and he said that at&t doesn't give the money away ( sarcasticly ) and he said

that he only gonna give me $120 credit, and he was so disrespectful by hanging up the phone on me 

i have been a loyal customer for so many years and i don't expect to be treated so unprofessionaly , i hope to hear from you soon regarding this matter

i found out that at&t was charging me  10 dollards every month for something that i have never signed up for ,i thought that a big wireless carrier such as at&t will never do such a thing like that ,  so i called the customer service on 4/6/2012 around 8pm and i spoke to a lady withe the name Catie she appologized to me for this mistake  and she told me that  her computer wont let her go back more that 2 month and she offered me $50 credit , so i explainded to he that i have been an at&t customer for so many years, god knows , and i would like to find out how long have i been charged then she put me on hold , later she got back with me with another offer which was  credit $ 250  still she couldn't find out how long have i had beeing charged , my monthly payment has been almost $150  for only one line all this time ,after that she couldn't get that information for me i asked her to let me speak to a supervisor and then she put someone with the name Harvy supposibly he was the supervisor , this guy he was extremely unprofessional and rude treating me that i was trying to get something for free so he took  off the offer that  Catie gave me and he said that at&t doesn't give the money away ( sarcasticly ) and he said

that he only gonna give me $120 credit, and he was so disrespectful by hanging up the phone on me 

i have been a loyal customer for so many years and i don't expect to be treated so unprofessionaly , i hope to hear from you soon regarding this matter

scaming customers & topping it off with horrible customer's service

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2012 1:55:17 PM
(0)
Master

Keep in mind we are all customers here so if you are looking for some assistence directly from ATT, reach out to one of the Community Managers, Jamilah, or you are going to have to unfortunately call ATT again....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Keep in mind we are all customers here so if you are looking for some assistence directly from ATT, reach out to one of the Community Managers, Jamilah, or you are going to have to unfortunately call ATT again....

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: scaming customers & topping it off with horrible customer's service

2 of 8 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2012 3:58:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
I myself have been having the same issues with AT&T over and over again. I use AT&T for my phone, Internet, and cable.
1- every few billing cycles they keep adding a couple bucks to my bill, which they should have on contract. Now it's $20 higher and it's for no justified reason.
2- Internet speed keeps fluctuating from its supposed to be 12MB to if I m luck 3MB, but ironically when I call they fix it and promise it will never happen again.... That's after their famous hour customer service phone call that I never even get an apology for.

I understand mistakes happen but not every month did I sign up for this. I thank god that the government blocked AT&T's plans from purchasing the other mobile network company because you are obvisously a monopoly constantly riding ur customers in the dirtiest way.

I think it is time you become a responsible business and have some human decency and straight the f out. All of us here complaining are seem to have the same issues so I am not gonna ask for AT&T's help but for anyone else who agrees to help change this non-sense since we exhausted all other means and report AT&T to the "Better Business Bureau"
Enough is enough, people unite to stop their governments when they begin to go astray, AT&T it seems you think your invincible...
I myself have been having the same issues with AT&T over and over again. I use AT&T for my phone, Internet, and cable.
1- every few billing cycles they keep adding a couple bucks to my bill, which they should have on contract. Now it's $20 higher and it's for no justified reason.
2- Internet speed keeps fluctuating from its supposed to be 12MB to if I m luck 3MB, but ironically when I call they fix it and promise it will never happen again.... That's after their famous hour customer service phone call that I never even get an apology for.

I understand mistakes happen but not every month did I sign up for this. I thank god that the government blocked AT&T's plans from purchasing the other mobile network company because you are obvisously a monopoly constantly riding ur customers in the dirtiest way.

I think it is time you become a responsible business and have some human decency and straight the f out. All of us here complaining are seem to have the same issues so I am not gonna ask for AT&T's help but for anyone else who agrees to help change this non-sense since we exhausted all other means and report AT&T to the "Better Business Bureau"
Enough is enough, people unite to stop their governments when they begin to go astray, AT&T it seems you think your invincible...

3 of 8 (753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 4:20:58 PM
(0)
Guru
Was the OP getting charged for "Premium SMS services"? That's when a dirty scammy company sends you a horoscope or joke evry week by text and adds $9.99 to your bill. The New York Times did a write-up on those, see http://nyti.ms/IFfxju . The worst part of it is that the carriers are participating in this slimy thievery. If they wanted to they could put a stop to it, but they make money from it.
Was the OP getting charged for "Premium SMS services"? That's when a dirty scammy company sends you a horoscope or joke evry week by text and adds $9.99 to your bill. The New York Times did a write-up on those, see http://nyti.ms/IFfxju . The worst part of it is that the carriers are participating in this slimy thievery. If they wanted to they could put a stop to it, but they make money from it.

4 of 8 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 4:23:53 PM
(0)
Guru
Forgot to finish. If you don't want to fall into this scam, CALL 611 RIGHT NOW and tell them to BLOCK PREMIUM SMS permanently. That will hopefully do it.
Forgot to finish. If you don't want to fall into this scam, CALL 611 RIGHT NOW and tell them to BLOCK PREMIUM SMS permanently. That will hopefully do it.

5 of 8 (644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2012 7:47:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
I kept away from AT&T as long as I could until they showed up again as a mandatory hard line company for my area. I have not been mistreated by the folks I call for help, but when I gave AT&T another chance by signing up for their internet service, I quickly realized AT&T was the same company from 20 years ago.
When they tried to charge me more than promised for the internet service, I called to cancel the service. The agent threw all kinds of discounts at me and offered to do more to keep my business. Very polite.
Then I did a stupid thing...I asked how much to bundle my home, internet, and cell phones. I was promised a total of $200 a month, but when the bill came it was $385. Now no one knows where the discounts promised were. They won't go to the person that sold me the bundle. They just want me to downgrade my plan. AND I AM HELD HOSTAGE FOR 2 YEARS!

I can't believe I got duped by ATT. I was offered a bundle deal that now DOES NOT EXSIST. I will be visiting 10 sites a day for the next 100 days...singing the CURSES of AT&T. I was without this crooked company for many years and the day I sign up, I am jacked again.
SHAME ON ME. I should have known they were too big to care and too big to take down. If you are considering AT&T...RUN!!! RUN!!!! RUN!!! RUN!!!
I kept away from AT&T as long as I could until they showed up again as a mandatory hard line company for my area. I have not been mistreated by the folks I call for help, but when I gave AT&T another chance by signing up for their internet service, I quickly realized AT&T was the same company from 20 years ago.
When they tried to charge me more than promised for the internet service, I called to cancel the service. The agent threw all kinds of discounts at me and offered to do more to keep my business. Very polite.
Then I did a stupid thing...I asked how much to bundle my home, internet, and cell phones. I was promised a total of $200 a month, but when the bill came it was $385. Now no one knows where the discounts promised were. They won't go to the person that sold me the bundle. They just want me to downgrade my plan. AND I AM HELD HOSTAGE FOR 2 YEARS!

I can't believe I got duped by ATT. I was offered a bundle deal that now DOES NOT EXSIST. I will be visiting 10 sites a day for the next 100 days...singing the CURSES of AT&T. I was without this crooked company for many years and the day I sign up, I am jacked again.
SHAME ON ME. I should have known they were too big to care and too big to take down. If you are considering AT&T...RUN!!! RUN!!!! RUN!!! RUN!!!

6 of 8 (633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 11:07:09 AM
(0)
Guru

Welcome to the club, take a number.

Welcome to the club, take a number.

7 of 8 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 11:24:02 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

@davcal - I've responded to one of your other threads regarding your billing issues here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/False-billing-for-service-I-DO-NOT-HAVE/m-p/3207217#M80079

Please take a look when you have a moment. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

@davcal - I've responded to one of your other threads regarding your billing issues here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/False-billing-for-service-I-DO-NOT-HAVE/m-p/3207217#M80079

Please take a look when you have a moment. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (610 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments