Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 1, 2011
9:15:44 PM
View profile
samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

the only way is the power button then it hangs up the call

anyway to access the menu or the keys when the screen turns blank?

the only way is the power button then it hangs up the call

anyway to access the menu or the keys when the screen turns blank?

samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 9:50:13 PM
(0)
Guru
Check the settings to see if the power button is set to end calls. Under accessibility I believe. Mine doesn't end a call when my screen turns off.
Check the settings to see if the power button is set to end calls. Under accessibility I believe. Mine doesn't end a call when my screen turns off.

Re: samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

2 of 10 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 9:51:53 PM
(0)
Guru
Sorry, it's under settings, call, call answer/end
Sorry, it's under settings, call, call answer/end

Re: samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

3 of 10 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 10:57:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

thanks I will try that

thanks I will try that

4 of 10 (404 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 12:25:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Even mine doesn't end call when i press power button during call. I have disable the feature to end call through power button.
Even mine doesn't end call when i press power button during call. I have disable the feature to end call through power button.

5 of 10 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 11:40:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

umcpgrad wrote:

thanks I will try that

That should correct the problem.

It's kind of a silly idea to include such a feature because if the proximity sensors by the earpiece of the phone don't work or are delayed, the power button is the only other way to access the phone's screen.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

umcpgrad wrote:

thanks I will try that

That should correct the problem.

It's kind of a silly idea to include such a feature because if the proximity sensors by the earpiece of the phone don't work or are delayed, the power button is the only other way to access the phone's screen.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 11:33:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

I changed it now so the power button doesn't hang up the phone instead it "wakes up" the phone.... I am just thinking why the proxmity sensor is not working.........

I changed it now so the power button doesn't hang up the phone instead it "wakes up" the phone.... I am just thinking why the proxmity sensor is not working.........

7 of 10 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 3:08:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
It should light up your screen when you take your phone away from your ear. Then the screen should light up. But even I prefer to use the side power button to wake up my phone instead of relying on the prox. sensor.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It should light up your screen when you take your phone away from your ear. Then the screen should light up. But even I prefer to use the side power button to wake up my phone instead of relying on the prox. sensor.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 6:21:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

true

true

9 of 10 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 6:22:40 AM
(0)
Master

There is a slight delay for screen to light up after you take the phone away from your phase. But also make sure your fingers are clear off the proximity sensor location.

There is a slight delay for screen to light up after you take the phone away from your phase. But also make sure your fingers are clear off the proximity sensor location.

10 of 10 (315 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments