samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

Scholar

samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

the only way is the power button then it hangs up the call

anyway to access the menu or the keys when the screen turns blank?

Message 1 of 10 (438 Views)
Guru

Re: samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

Check the settings to see if the power button is set to end calls. Under accessibility I believe. Mine doesn't end a call when my screen turns off.
Message 2 of 10 (427 Views)
Guru

Re: samsung skyrocket when on call and on speakers screen turns blank then unable to access anything

Sorry, it's under settings, call, call answer/end
Message 3 of 10 (425 Views)
Scholar

thanks I will try that

Message 4 of 10 (420 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Even mine doesn't end call when i press power button during call. I have disable the feature to end call through power button.
Message 5 of 10 (392 Views)
Master

umcpgrad wrote:

thanks I will try that

That should correct the problem.

It's kind of a silly idea to include such a feature because if the proximity sensors by the earpiece of the phone don't work or are delayed, the power button is the only other way to access the phone's screen.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 10 (373 Views)
Scholar

I changed it now so the power button doesn't hang up the phone instead it "wakes up" the phone.... I am just thinking why the proxmity sensor is not working.........

Message 7 of 10 (342 Views)
Master

It should light up your screen when you take your phone away from your ear. Then the screen should light up. But even I prefer to use the side power button to wake up my phone instead of relying on the prox. sensor.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 10 (337 Views)
Scholar

true

Message 9 of 10 (332 Views)
Master

There is a slight delay for screen to light up after you take the phone away from your phase. But also make sure your fingers are clear off the proximity sensor location.

Message 10 of 10 (331 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.