samsung skyrocket lte internet connection problem 4g lte/ 4g hpsa+ around dmv - dc, maryland, va

Scholar

samsung skyrocket lte internet connection problem 4g lte/ 4g hpsa+ around dmv - dc, maryland, va

samsung skyrocket lte internet connect problem

is anyone having this type of problem? when will att address this? I know everyone online, even in stores, att retail stores everyone is talking about this problem
this whole weekend I promised call backs but no one from att ranging from support to network support is able to solve this
I have been on phone with them about 10 calls 15+ hours 6 service reps, 3 network reps no one can solve this internet connection drops, network communication error issues -> internet data -> webpages not loading -> I got the phone on wednesday and still have no internet connection to this day on the browsers

no matter which browsers I have tried on 4g lte or 3g I am unable to connect to the internet

I purchased it from bestbuy went to swap phone twice
went to retail att store twice to get check on account, data package, sim card 

did all the troubleshoots, reactivate, re-added plans, checked network, checked settings everything else works-
phone, text, apps with internet connection, I was able to receive emails, able to reply them so basically everything works but browsers would hang or not load or have error messages of "data connection issues" or "network connection issues" in the browsers - dolphin, opera, opera mini, firefox, firefox beta, standard android web nothing works
suggestions?

*added wifi works perfectly, I have tried the phone all over where I live literally all over and the internet would work for 5-10 mins after rebooting the phone but then after a while nothing would load and it hangs
Message 1 of 25 (8,316 Views)
Contributor

Re: samsung skyrocket lte internet connection problem 4g lte/ 4g hpsa+ around dmv - dc, maryland, va

There is a forum for the DC area problem under general support. Check it out, so you feel validated. There are several issues with these phones. An easy fix is that some of them have the wrong sim cards, which should be able to at least get you on the net. However, if you live in a non-LTE area there are still unresolved issues with internet connections on 3G. It hangs for a lot of people when surfing. There are a lot of forums on the net starting to fill up with complaints and Att seems really slow to react. They keep saying they are not aware of the problem yet people are posting they called Att support to complain. It doesn't make sense that they are not all over this considering it is a critical launch for them. Please...if anyone finds a solution for smooth 3G+ surfing please post it. You can also twitter samsung support to get their perspective. They need to hear about this too, so someone moves quick on this...

Message 2 of 25 (8,298 Views)
Scholar

Re: samsung skyrocket lte internet connection problem 4g lte/ 4g hpsa+ around dmv - dc, maryland, va

I thought I was going crazy and I have checked to make sure that the sim card is the new 4g lte sim card from att......... samsung and att needs to fix this asap this is not acceptable.

Message 3 of 25 (8,155 Views)
Contributor

By now, I am sue you heard that you can set your apn settings manual to override your 4g capabilities. Basically, it defeats the purpose of the phone. This solution was provided by some clever folks on an android forum. Samsung surprisingly is aware of the situation and said a software fix will come at some point, but for some reason Att is still being stubborn. Frankly, I got the impression no one is rushing and it may take until ice cream sandwich for the fix to be included in an update. I have never witnessed such incompetence on a company's behalf before or they are trying to cover this up for the time being. Att wakeup and pay some people to scroll through the forums out there so you remain in touch with reality.

Message 4 of 25 (8,154 Views)
Scholar

I got the phone last wednesday and was told by att store x2 that it is normal not to be getting data until after a day or two... so I waited and went back to the store the clerks laughed and said I should not get that phone and just return with restocking fees and get something else then I have been on calls with att support and network support at least 9 of them and about 15+ hours of my time on the weekends they got so tired of me and told me they would call me back and never did and then the supports said to just return the phone and not get the skyrocket then... what the heck... what kind of solution is that?!!??!?!?! and I emailed them and I got a reply back saying my issues have been solved by supports and thanks for my service ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Message 5 of 25 (8,133 Views)
Scholar

a lot of incompetent people at att I am just going to return the phone and stop being a test dummy for them

Message 6 of 25 (7,972 Views)
Contributor

I am an AT&T rep here in WV, I was having issues with the device as well.  I switched from the Galaxy S II (HSPA) to this one and was disappointed with the performance. 

Data was slow, device was working slow and the battery was dying quickly.  The resolution?  Remove the AT&T Mark the Spot app from the device and see if that helps the issues you may be having.  The performance on the device has improved tremendously since removing this application.

Please let me know if that helps, thanks.

Message 7 of 25 (7,745 Views)
Scholar

I tried everything bor and bullfans one thing that really ticked me off was I was promised credit back for wasting 15+ hours of my life and driving back and forth to stores to return and swap out devices and have to explain everything single thing to everyone especially att support none of the fools ever noted anything on my account about anything.  I was lied to several times about credit to my account.  Never happened.  My problems are still not solved but according to att it is since they told me to switch to another phone and don't bother with them with skyrocket issues anymore.  

Message 8 of 25 (7,714 Views)
Employee

No problems here, 8mbps since onlyUMTS in my area no HSPA+, loving the phone
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 25 (7,712 Views)
Scholar

good job it works for you?

Message 10 of 25 (7,668 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

umcpgrad wrote:

I tried everything bor and bullfans one thing that really ticked me off was I was promised credit back for wasting 15+ hours of my life and driving back and forth to stores to return and swap out devices and have to explain everything single thing to everyone especially att support none of the fools ever noted anything on my account about anything.  I was lied to several times about credit to my account.  Never happened.  My problems are still not solved but according to att it is since they told me to switch to another phone and don't bother with them with skyrocket issues anymore.  

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 25 (6,573 Views)
Scholar

thank you jam and nancy for the assistance

you both don't understand how thankful I am

if I only knew you guys before all the stuffs that happened!

thanks again!

Message 12 of 25 (6,529 Views)
Former Community Manager

Very glad to hear that Nancy was able to get this resolved for you. She's pretty awesome. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 25 (6,526 Views)
Scholar

she is awesome ;D will have to contact her instead of contacting att support who doesn't do anything

Message 14 of 25 (6,512 Views)
Contributor

Could you please tell us how it was fixed for you? I think I am having the same issue.

I got the phone through Amazon, and it worked for about 2 days no problem. Then one morning I went from off my wifi and noticed there was no 4g icon on my status bar. I went to an At&t kiosk in the mall and they looked up my account and it showed i had no data plan? Weird. Anyway, they added my data plan and then I got the 4g icon back. Thought it was fixed. So I walk away, tried to browse and got a data connection error. So I went back to the kiosk. And we tried a few things. Then out of the blue I said let me try something and removed my SD card. It then started working. I was like really weird. So I left and went home. Got home and got the same data connection error. Called 611 and went through some troubleshooting and found out somehow my data roaming was switched on. Turned it off. And it started working again. So I thanked the tech and hung up. 5-10 minutes later I lost the internet again. Chatted online with At&t and after doing a factory reset it still is not working. Went to an At&t store and swapped sim cards out. Still no working. And was told it's something wrong with the phone. So I'm sending it back to Amazon. But they are sending me a Vivid till they get more skyrockets in stock. So I would love to see if the problem can be fixed before I actually send the skyrocket back.

Mfreywald

Message 15 of 25 (6,372 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.