samsung note or iphone4s

Teacher

samsung note or iphone4s

i just purchased the note and Im on the fence about rather i should keep it or not. If you had to pick would you go with samsung or iphone
Message 1 of 19 (625 Views)
Master

Re: samsung note or iphone4s

@redpoint73

How is the quality of sound of Beats Audio on your One X and other HTC phones? I'm curious to know if the sound quality of Beats Audio on select cell phones really "beats" out the competition. Smiley Wink

The sound quality on my original Captivate is still the best I have ever heard on a phone before.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 16 of 19 (483 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Wild Banchi wrote:
@redpoint73

How is the quality of sound of Beats Audio on your One X and other HTC phones? I'm curious to know if the sound quality of Beats Audio on select cell phones really "beats" out the competition. Smiley Wink

The sound quality on my original Captivate is still the best I have ever heard on a phone before.

I find the sound quality on the One X to be quite good.  Whether Bluetooth (over car stereo system) or wired headphones, music is significantly richer and louder than on my past HTC phones.  I'm actually not a big fan of Beats, and find it a marketing gimmick.  On my old Desire Z, I used several custom ROMs that implemented Beats (the stock ROMs did not), and I found the sound to be too bass heavy and muddy. On that phone, I always just turned Beats off.  On the One X, it actually sounds quite good, and I leave it on.

Unfortunately, I've only owned HTC phones (this is my 4th), and I also haven't done any sound comparisons to my wife's iPhone.  So I couldn't tell you how the sound quality compares to other brands.  Some people have commented that they find the sound volume to be too low.  But I think those folks are nuts.  Over my car stereo, its plenty loud, and louder than FM radio.  On headphones, turning the music volume up any more than 3/4 results in volumes so loud  that they would likely damage my hearing.  So I can't imagine the need for any more volume.

Message 17 of 19 (446 Views)
Professor

I'm no audiophile, so I won't notice much about the sound quality of the HTC One X.  If I remember, I'll try the same song on my Galaxy Note and One X through my Bose Soundlink to see if I notice a difference.  I have cheap-to-midrange headphones, so I can't tell much of a difference with those.

The Beats Audio seem to make a difference only with music.  The Navigation sound output on the One X is just as low in volume as it is on the HTC Sensation.

Message 18 of 19 (435 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Interesting, interesting... I also agree that the whole "equipped with Beats Audio" is a marketing gimmick, too. Both companies are being advertised in one, which is probably what Dr. Dre/whoever manages the company wanted it. Smart, yet kind of annoying.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 19 of 19 (397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.