Posted Jun 22, 2012
11:15:57 AM
samsung galaxy 3 not release in stores
went in the store today because the phone was suppose to launch today and they said it's been pushed back no date of when it will be release in the store anyone else heard about this

samsung galaxy 3 not release in stores

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 11:52:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The rumored date was actually the 21st and the new tentative date is the 28th.  Someone has posted a screenshot of an AT&T graphic that has this date.  There are also rumors of the 25th floating around.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: samsung galaxy 3 not release in stores

2 of 14 (1,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 12:03:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Which do you think is better the note or galaxy 3

3 of 14 (1,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 1:14:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

It depends because the devices are so different. I like the features offered by the GSIII. I haven't used it yet, though. The Note offers the larger screen and the ability to draw on it.  While I find the Note to be insanely addictive, I hope that the GSIII is a better phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 14 (1,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 1:54:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ok well i was thinking about switching myself

5 of 14 (1,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 2:05:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

NFC is a big draw for me, along with the use of gestures on the GSIII. 

6 of 14 (1,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 2:13:21 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ok can you please explain that to me

7 of 14 (1,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 2:14:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
Explain the differences in the phones i trust your opinion

8 of 14 (1,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 2:32:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

call the store today because the phone was suppose to launch today and they said it's been pushed back the 25. 

Told me a red version in the middle of the summer,may be just wait!

9 of 14 (1,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 6:33:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

NFC (near field communication) allows a phone to communicate with NFC tags or "points" (I don't know the proper term for this) to execute commands or transmit information.  In real life, I have NFC tags in my car to turn on/off Bluetooth and to silence my ringers before going into places like church or a movie theater.  I just wake up the phone and touch the back of the phone to the tag to execute the desired command.

I also use NFC with Google Wallet to pay for things in the stores that accept it.  I don't know if you have seen a demo of Google Wallet, but some stores have panels above the credit card readers.  I wake up the phone, enter my PIN and tap the back of the phone on the reader.  The payment is deducted from my Google Wallet account and I am on my way!

As for the gestures, the SGSIII makes improved use of gestures.  If you want to take a screenshot, just wave your hand over the screen.  If you are scrolling in a list such as contacts and are near the bottom of the list, just tap the top of the phone (not the screen) and it will take you back to the top of the list.  If you are watching a movie and need to silence the audio quickly, just cover the screen with your hand.

The SGSIII has a feature in the camera that allows you to take several sequential photos with one press of the on-screen camera button.  This is useful in taking sports pictures or pictures of pets doing something cute.

These are some differences between the two phones, as the Note doesn't do these things.  The Note features a large 5.3" screen with HD video quality.  The S-Pen can be used not only in S-Memo, but to perform commands using gestures on the phone.  You can not only draw pictures, but you can draw on photos taken with your phone's camera and send them via MMS or email.

10 of 14 (1,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 6:49:55 PM
(0)
Teacher
Sounds like the galaxy 3 is the one to pick

11 of 14 (1,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 7:16:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I agree. As soon as I hear that it's in the store, I will be there!

12 of 14 (1,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2012 8:28:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Yes yes yes

13 of 14 (1,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2012 12:44:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

I ordered mine over the phone with AT&T customer care & just received it today!  I did the priority shipping & I will say I was pretty impressed with them getting me the phone, I just ordered it on Wed.

14 of 14 (1,219 Views)