ringtone on Samsung Flight II

Contributor

ringtone on Samsung Flight II

I just got a new Samsung Flight II and I went into ATT music and downloaded a song..."Raise your glass. "I want to use this ringtone song for my text message ringtone. It is located in my phone under "My stuff"..."Audio" but I cannot figure out to download it as my ringtone for my text message alert notification. HELP!  Please

Message 1 of 6 (3,055 Views)
Master

Re: ringtone on Samsung Flight II

I know, it's hard to assign text messages ringtones on Samsung phones...

From the standby screen, go to "Menu".
Then press "Settings" > "Sound Profile" > "Normal".

In the upper right hand corner, it should say "Call" with a little drop down arrow. Press the arrow, and then press "Message". From there, touch "Message Alert Tone" > "Tones" (located in the lower right).

Then choose "Raise Your Glass", and then click "Save". It then should work for you. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 6 (3,026 Views)
Contributor

Hey...thanks so much for your response. I tried that...but...it only gives me the options of like six tones and I think these are preloaded tones in the phone!  I think I may have downloaded it wrong to my phone. Not sure.

I REALLY appreciate  your help!!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6 (2,972 Views)
Master

Faithful1963 wrote:

Hey...thanks so much for your response. I tried that...but...it only gives me the options of like six tones and I think these are preloaded tones in the phone!  I think I may have downloaded it wrong to my phone. Not sure.

I REALLY appreciate  your help!!  Smiley Happy

Maybe... Try moving/copying the ringtone to your "Tones" folder, located under "Audio". Maybe that could be it. What folder is it saved in? "Tones"/"Music", etc.?

Message 4 of 6 (2,950 Views)
Contributor

I was searching for this answer, and I found your post. I followed your instructions, and now I have the text alert that I wanted. Thank you, for sharing this information. :-)

Message 5 of 6 (2,828 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Oh, that's great to hear! Smiley Very Happy

You're welcome, I'm happy I could help out more than one person! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6 (2,803 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.