Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 8, 2010
9:10:07 PM
View profile
reverse cell phone lookup

anyone know a good free, no hidden fees, no fees at all service to look up a cell phone name? 

does at&t have any kind of directory for att customers?

thanks all for any help

anyone know a good free, no hidden fees, no fees at all service to look up a cell phone name? 

thanks all for any help

reverse cell phone lookup

10 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2010 2:03:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

i think the US Govt made all cell providers promise not to reveal such private matters publicly.  so those services are doing the devil's work.

i think the US Govt made all cell providers promise not to reveal such private matters publicly.  so those services are doing the devil's work.

Re: reverse cell phone lookup

2 of 11 (22,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2010 3:29:15 AM
(0)
Expert

beady wrote:

thanks all for any help

Most, if not all of the valid look up services will give you basic information about the number, provider, location, etc If you want any more detailed information like name, address, etc that is when they start charging.

beady wrote:

thanks all for any help

Most, if not all of the valid look up services will give you basic information about the number, provider, location, etc If you want any more detailed information like name, address, etc that is when they start charging.

3 of 11 (22,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2010 1:08:01 PM
(0)
Guru

Intelius.com is a good one. But you have to pay for it. I used it before.

Intelius.com is a good one. But you have to pay for it. I used it before.

4 of 11 (22,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 8:51:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

i am really not sure if it works as I haven't personally tried it but check this reverse phone lookup article if it helps

i am really not sure if it works as I haven't personally tried it but check this reverse phone lookup article if it helps

Re: reverse cell phone lookupthis

5 of 11 (22,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 12:59:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

That article is just a click-farm email trying to direct you to some stupid website that wants to charge $39.95 to look up a number. Don't waste your time.

That article is just a click-farm email trying to direct you to some stupid website that wants to charge $39.95 to look up a number. Don't waste your time.

6 of 11 (17,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 1:33:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
ciddb.com works for some cell phones. It is a caller id database.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
ciddb.com works for some cell phones. It is a caller id database.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 11 (17,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 3:10:39 PM
(0)
Expert

franktx1 wrote:

The majority of reverse id looks ups will give basic informaiton for free, but charge for more detailed information such as name, address, etc. Add to the fact the number may come back as unlisted and you are still charged by some providers

franktx1 wrote:

The majority of reverse id looks ups will give basic informaiton for free, but charge for more detailed information such as name, address, etc. Add to the fact the number may come back as unlisted and you are still charged by some providers

8 of 11 (17,858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 1:50:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
If someone calls us we should be able to get a digital portfolio (quick request and response) on that number. It's only fair considering corps are, pretty much freely, using and selling our info. A name, for example, should be the (intellectual) property of the parents. I don't know why they are allowed to use our information. It's really a form of theft IMHO.
If someone calls us we should be able to get a digital portfolio (quick request and response) on that number. It's only fair considering corps are, pretty much freely, using and selling our info. A name, for example, should be the (intellectual) property of the parents. I don't know why they are allowed to use our information. It's really a form of theft IMHO.

9 of 11 (16,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 2:49:02 PM
(0)
Expert

DenniSysNet wrote:

the carrier does not provide reverse number lookup for personal numbers, it is a 3rd party that provides the information, and that is from public data bases that have usage charges.

DenniSysNet wrote:

the carrier does not provide reverse number lookup for personal numbers, it is a 3rd party that provides the information, and that is from public data bases that have usage charges.

10 of 11 (16,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 3:04:47 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

11 of 11 (16,063 Views)