reverse cell phone lookup

Contributor

reverse cell phone lookup

anyone know a good free, no hidden fees, no fees at all service to look up a cell phone name? 

does at&t have any kind of directory for att customers?

thanks all for any help

Message 1 of 11 (22,746 Views)
Mentor

Re: reverse cell phone lookup

i think the US Govt made all cell providers promise not to reveal such private matters publicly.  so those services are doing the devil's work.

Message 2 of 11 (22,640 Views)
Expert

beady wrote:

anyone know a good free, no hidden fees, no fees at all service to look up a cell phone name? 

does at&t have any kind of directory for att customers?

thanks all for any help

Most, if not all of the valid look up services will give you basic information about the number, provider, location, etc If you want any more detailed information like name, address, etc that is when they start charging.

Message 3 of 11 (22,630 Views)

Intelius.com is a good one. But you have to pay for it. I used it before.

Message 4 of 11 (22,420 Views)
Contributor

Re: reverse cell phone lookupthis

i am really not sure if it works as I haven't personally tried it but check this reverse phone lookup article if it helps

Message 5 of 11 (22,306 Views)
Contributor

That article is just a click-farm email trying to direct you to some stupid website that wants to charge $39.95 to look up a number. Don't waste your time.

Message 6 of 11 (18,173 Views)
ACE - Expert

ciddb.com works for some cell phones. It is a caller id database.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 11 (18,168 Views)
Expert

franktx1 wrote:

That article is just a click-farm email trying to direct you to some stupid website that wants to charge $39.95 to look up a number. Don't waste your time.

The majority of reverse id looks ups will give basic informaiton for free, but charge for more detailed information such as name, address, etc. Add to the fact the number may come back as unlisted and you are still charged by some providers

Message 8 of 11 (18,160 Views)
Contributor

If someone calls us we should be able to get a digital portfolio (quick request and response) on that number. It's only fair considering corps are, pretty much freely, using and selling our info. A name, for example, should be the (intellectual) property of the parents. I don't know why they are allowed to use our information. It's really a form of theft IMHO.
Message 9 of 11 (16,772 Views)
Expert

DenniSysNet wrote:
If someone calls us we should be able to get a digital portfolio (quick request and response) on that number. It's only fair considering corps are, pretty much freely, using and selling our info. A name, for example, should be the (intellectual) property of the parents. I don't know why they are allowed to use our information. It's really a form of theft IMHO.

the carrier does not provide reverse number lookup for personal numbers, it is a 3rd party that provides the information, and that is from public data bases that have usage charges.

Message 10 of 11 (16,768 Views)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 11 of 11 (16,365 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.