Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 14, 2012
6:29:46 AM
View profile
restoral fees

I've been with att since 2006. For a variety of reasons i wasnt ab le to pay my bill... i was charged a $40.00 restoral fee. I am not under contract with att. I saw this fee is due to att having to turn your phone back on, i didnt get that fee when i first got service with att... seems to me its a way to get money for doing very little. As far as being informed of this fee prior to being reactivated had i known i may have just paid my bill and cancelled service. I still may switch providers as i think its inflated for what they actually do to restore service. Has anyone received a reduction on these fees due to long standing prompt pament history?

I've been with att since 2006. For a variety of reasons i wasnt ab le to pay my bill... i was charged a $40.00 restoral fee. I am not under contract with att. I saw this fee is due to att having to turn your phone back on, i didnt get that fee when i first got service with att... seems to me its a way to get money for doing very little. As far as being informed of this fee prior to being reactivated had i known i may have just paid my bill and cancelled service. I still may switch providers as i think its inflated for what they actually do to restore service. Has anyone received a reduction on these fees due to long standing prompt pament history?

restoral fees

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 9:11:02 AM
(0)
Scholar
i understand situtation basicly it is up to the representative every account is different and restoral fee's are valid. example would be if you been shut of 1 time in 1 year im sure the fee can be waived but if someone is shut off every month then im sure the fee wont be waived. the fees associated with restoring service recoups the collections cost associated with sending out reminder notices text notifications emails outbound calls etc..... it may seem like its easy but if we attempt to contact you 10 times from 1 days past due till the ios. hopefully this clears some info on why at&t bills reconnect fees

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
i understand situtation basicly it is up to the representative every account is different and restoral fee's are valid. example would be if you been shut of 1 time in 1 year im sure the fee can be waived but if someone is shut off every month then im sure the fee wont be waived. the fees associated with restoring service recoups the collections cost associated with sending out reminder notices text notifications emails outbound calls etc..... it may seem like its easy but if we attempt to contact you 10 times from 1 days past due till the ios. hopefully this clears some info on why at&t bills reconnect fees

Re: restoral fees

2 of 14 (11,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 11:25:21 AM
(0)
Scholar
just a little research

Sprint
http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml
A reconnect fee of up to $36 may apply to reestablish service on all accounts that have been disconnected for nonpayment.

T-mobile

20.00 reactivation fee per phone line

verizon

You may have to pay a $35 fee to re–activate Service if your Service is terminated , or a $15 fee to reconnect Service if it is interrupted for non–payment or suspended for any reason. per line of service

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
just a little research

Sprint
http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml
A reconnect fee of up to $36 may apply to reestablish service on all accounts that have been disconnected for nonpayment.

T-mobile

20.00 reactivation fee per phone line

verizon

You may have to pay a $35 fee to re–activate Service if your Service is terminated , or a $15 fee to reconnect Service if it is interrupted for non–payment or suspended for any reason. per line of service

3 of 14 (11,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 11:52:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Because I changed cable providers only, I am being asked to pay a fee for a tech to come to my house and put in "another" wire for phone and internet, services I already had with them. After a 40 minuted phone call to customer service - 30 of those on hold, I still do not have an answer. Good luck!

Because I changed cable providers only, I am being asked to pay a fee for a tech to come to my house and put in "another" wire for phone and internet, services I already had with them. After a 40 minuted phone call to customer service - 30 of those on hold, I still do not have an answer. Good luck!

4 of 14 (11,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 3:29:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
keggie totally wrong issue lol the previous post were for suspensions for nonpay not installation for service you in the cellphone forum

keggie totally wrong issue lol the previous post were for suspensions for nonpay not installation for service you in the cellphone forum

5 of 14 (11,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 10:34:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T has the highest resotral fees of any major service provider and is the most likely to turn your service off without warning.  I had an account for about 12 years until they shut my service off last month one day, I understand the need for people to pay on time and AT&T cannot afford everyone to pay whenever they feel like, but if I had received just one message from them stating that on this date you will be shut off if payment is not made I would have understood, instead they arbitrarily decide when to shut service off.  Long story short I cancelled my service and went to verizon, so far I like it much better.  Do a little research and you will find AT&T is pretty much the worst in every category a cell phone service provider is measured in, they have countless policies that are far less customer friendly then their competitors, I could rant for quite some time on how bad I think AT&T is but I will not.

AT&T has the highest resotral fees of any major service provider and is the most likely to turn your service off without warning.  I had an account for about 12 years until they shut my service off last month one day, I understand the need for people to pay on time and AT&T cannot afford everyone to pay whenever they feel like, but if I had received just one message from them stating that on this date you will be shut off if payment is not made I would have understood, instead they arbitrarily decide when to shut service off.  Long story short I cancelled my service and went to verizon, so far I like it much better.  Do a little research and you will find AT&T is pretty much the worst in every category a cell phone service provider is measured in, they have countless policies that are far less customer friendly then their competitors, I could rant for quite some time on how bad I think AT&T is but I will not.

6 of 14 (11,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 11:09:26 AM
(0)
Employee
I don't understand. You're upset that at&t will suspend your service whenever they feel like it when you DONT pay your bill?

At&t is the best cell provider in every category......and I just got suspended today also and I'm not upaet
I don't understand. You're upset that at&t will suspend your service whenever they feel like it when you DONT pay your bill?

At&t is the best cell provider in every category......and I just got suspended today also and I'm not upaet
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 14 (11,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2012 4:41:41 PM
(0)
Guru
I think they should waive the fees for long term customers once every few years as a courtesy. That would be perfect for times the customer forgets the bill or maybe goes out of town and forgets, but normally pays without a problem.
I think they should waive the fees for long term customers once every few years as a courtesy. That would be perfect for times the customer forgets the bill or maybe goes out of town and forgets, but normally pays without a problem.

8 of 14 (11,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 8:54:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

i AM SO....FRUSTRATED W/AT&T!!!  My cell service was cancelled for non payment when I gave the customer service authorization to process the payment.   I called today and made the payment was was told I could be required to pay a $500.00 dollar depoist for EACH phone on my plan (3) $1500.00 or pay an early termination fee of approx 200. on each phone.  I have a busniess cell and rarely used my personal cell..  I spoke with the rep and she said there was no record of my request...How do you prove anything?  Are the conversations recorded. Help!

i AM SO....FRUSTRATED W/AT&T!!!  My cell service was cancelled for non payment when I gave the customer service authorization to process the payment.   I called today and made the payment was was told I could be required to pay a $500.00 dollar depoist for EACH phone on my plan (3) $1500.00 or pay an early termination fee of approx 200. on each phone.  I have a busniess cell and rarely used my personal cell..  I spoke with the rep and she said there was no record of my request...How do you prove anything?  Are the conversations recorded. Help!

9 of 14 (11,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 8:41:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
well i can tell ya if your cancelled for nonpay the reps cannot waive the deposit requirement because the deposit is based on number suspends in last 12 months and internal evaluation of your account..... this is something we dont control

well i can tell ya if your cancelled for nonpay the reps cannot waive the deposit requirement because the deposit is based on number suspends in last 12 months and internal evaluation of your account..... this is something we dont control

10 of 14 (11,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 6:47:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm right there with  ya, I've been a customer for over a year and they have been charging my account $291.00, $265.00 and now $257.00. The agreement I made was $145.00 a month but I have been getting outrageous "one time fees", the first time was because I had moved and changed my plan so they charged me a month extra, then the next month- $140.00 one time fees because 'the billing cycle dates' ? really? i had already payed that. And now again I accepted a promotion on the phone for u verse 450 and I will just pay an extra $20 a month and my bill is $257. Doesn't even make the slightest amount of sense and I have my bills printed out along with the initial sign up that is stated $145 a month... FOX 26 News and I will be having a chat about it.... At&T and your one time fees, I'm done with that. RIDICULOUS and LOUSY customer service. They simply do not care. Comcast, here I come!

I'm right there with  ya, I've been a customer for over a year and they have been charging my account $291.00, $265.00 and now $257.00. The agreement I made was $145.00 a month but I have been getting outrageous "one time fees", the first time was because I had moved and changed my plan so they charged me a month extra, then the next month- $140.00 one time fees because 'the billing cycle dates' ? really? i had already payed that. And now again I accepted a promotion on the phone for u verse 450 and I will just pay an extra $20 a month and my bill is $257. Doesn't even make the slightest amount of sense and I have my bills printed out along with the initial sign up that is stated $145 a month... FOX 26 News and I will be having a chat about it.... At&T and your one time fees, I'm done with that. RIDICULOUS and LOUSY customer service. They simply do not care. Comcast, here I come!

11 of 14 (10,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 7:55:49 PM
(0)
Employee
If you're going to the news Fox is the worst. I don't believe a single thing they say about anything
If you're going to the news Fox is the worst. I don't believe a single thing they say about anything
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 14 (10,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 8:31:37 PM
(0)
Master

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Wrong Fox news.  the poster is referring to their local fox station.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Wrong Fox news.  the poster is referring to their local fox station.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

13 of 14 (10,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2012 7:57:17 AM
(0)
Guru
I don't believe any of the news channels. They all twist things around.
I don't believe any of the news channels. They all twist things around.

14 of 14 (10,297 Views)