refill card expiration

Contributor

refill card expiration

I bought a $25 Go Phone refill card more than 90 days ago and tried to "top off" my account with it.  The card was activated by the cashier at the store. I was wondering does the balance of the card, though not applied to the GoPhone, basically gets claimed by AT&t after the 90 days?

Message 1 of 6 (709 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: refill card expiration

It doesn't get claimed really. The card does expire after 90 days though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (703 Views)
Professor

AFAIK, the card must be applied to your phone within 30 days of the purchase date.
Message 3 of 6 (692 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Well, AT&T got $25 for absolutley doing nothing!

Message 4 of 6 (680 Views)
Professor

bono12240 wrote:

Well, AT&T got $25 for absolutley doing nothing!

Sorry for your loss. I wish that there would be no expiration for untopped cards. Then tourists and visitors could buy a bunch for convenience. AT&T could make more money from tourists and visitors that want to keep a US number handy for their next visit.

Message 5 of 6 (667 Views)
Master

Not necessarily... The place where you purchased the card from gained $25.00. AT&T did not.

I'm sorry to hear that the card has expired, though. Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (660 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.