Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2011
12:50:26 PM
View profile
refill card expiration

I bought a $25 Go Phone refill card more than 90 days ago and tried to "top off" my account with it.  The card was activated by the cashier at the store. I was wondering does the balance of the card, though not applied to the GoPhone, basically gets claimed by AT&t after the 90 days?

I bought a $25 Go Phone refill card more than 90 days ago and tried to "top off" my account with it.  The card was activated by the cashier at the store. I was wondering does the balance of the card, though not applied to the GoPhone, basically gets claimed by AT&t after the 90 days?

refill card expiration

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 1:47:37 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

It doesn't get claimed really. The card does expire after 90 days though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

It doesn't get claimed really. The card does expire after 90 days though. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: refill card expiration

2 of 6 (687 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 6:33:54 PM
(0)
Professor
AFAIK, the card must be applied to your phone within 30 days of the purchase date.
AFAIK, the card must be applied to your phone within 30 days of the purchase date.

3 of 6 (676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 10:53:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well, AT&T got $25 for absolutley doing nothing!

4 of 6 (664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 4:04:00 PM
(0)
Professor

bono12240 wrote:

Sorry for your loss. I wish that there would be no expiration for untopped cards. Then tourists and visitors could buy a bunch for convenience. AT&T could make more money from tourists and visitors that want to keep a US number handy for their next visit.

bono12240 wrote:

Sorry for your loss. I wish that there would be no expiration for untopped cards. Then tourists and visitors could buy a bunch for convenience. AT&T could make more money from tourists and visitors that want to keep a US number handy for their next visit.

5 of 6 (651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 3:44:32 PM
(0)
Master

Not necessarily... The place where you purchased the card from gained $25.00. AT&T did not.

I'm sorry to hear that the card has expired, though. Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Not necessarily... The place where you purchased the card from gained $25.00. AT&T did not.

I'm sorry to hear that the card has expired, though. Smiley Sad

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 6 (644 Views)