Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 30, 2008
7:33:57 AM
View profile
receiving the actual content of text messages...
My friend says that she had the content of her husband's text messages faxed to her (26 pages) and that AT&T advised her they would have to send the rest of the messages via mail because they were "too explicit" to send by fax.  She has no court order.  How is this possible, when I called to retrieve the content of text messages from my own phone, the AT&T representative advised me that the content is not recorded and not available to customers for ANY reason!  Can you help me understand how she could obtain all of that information, and the same information does not appear to be available to me?
My friend says that she had the content of her husband's text messages faxed to her (26 pages) and that AT&T advised her they would have to send the rest of the messages via mail because they were "too explicit" to send by fax.  She has no court order.  How is this possible, when I called to retrieve the content of text messages from my own phone, the AT&T representative advised me that the content is not recorded and not available to customers for ANY reason!  Can you help me understand how she could obtain all of that information, and the same information does not appear to be available to me?

receiving the actual content of text messages...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2008 7:40:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

cartbeau wrote:

I would ask your friend about the exact procedure she followed to obtain these. Everything I've heard so far about getting the content of the text messages is that it's impossible without a court order.

cartbeau wrote:

I would ask your friend about the exact procedure she followed to obtain these. Everything I've heard so far about getting the content of the text messages is that it's impossible without a court order.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: receiving the actual content of text messages...

2 of 2 (1,360 Views)