Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 5, 2011
6:41:44 AM
View profile
reaching limit on international data plan, need more

I am reaching my 200MB limit on my international data plan, but have more time abroad.  Overage is very expensive ($6/MB I believe).  Is there a way to buy more data?  I would probably only need 50 MB.  Can I just buy the $24.99 50 MB package sort of "on top of " what I already have, or is there a better way?  Thank you.

I am reaching my 200MB limit on my international data plan, but have more time abroad.  Overage is very expensive ($6/MB I believe).  Is there a way to buy more data?  I would probably only need 50 MB.  Can I just buy the $24.99 50 MB package sort of "on top of " what I already have, or is there a better way?  Thank you.

reaching limit on international data plan, need more

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 8:47:54 AM
(0)
Master

Call customer service and have them change your plan and backdate it!

Here are some numbers to try:  The second one if your best bet if you are oversees

• Call 1-800-331-0500 to troubleshoot and verify international roaming service is activated (or you may request it blocked)
  • Troubleshooting abroad: Please call free of charge from your mobile phone: +1-916-843-4685

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Call customer service and have them change your plan and backdate it!

Here are some numbers to try:  The second one if your best bet if you are oversees

• Call 1-800-331-0500 to troubleshoot and verify international roaming service is activated (or you may request it blocked)
  • Troubleshooting abroad: Please call free of charge from your mobile phone: +1-916-843-4685

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: reaching limit on international data plan, need more

2 of 3 (361 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 1:15:23 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Apparently, not all plans are available in all areas because when I look at the international plans available to me, there is no 200mb plan. I see four international data plans: 50mb, 125mb, 275mb and 800mb. If the 275mb plan is something you can get, simply switch to it and backdate it to the start of your billing cycle. If you have the myAT&T app, you can make the switch from there.

By the way, the overage rate I see on all of the international plans is $10/10mb.

Apparently, not all plans are available in all areas because when I look at the international plans available to me, there is no 200mb plan. I see four international data plans: 50mb, 125mb, 275mb and 800mb. If the 275mb plan is something you can get, simply switch to it and backdate it to the start of your billing cycle. If you have the myAT&T app, you can make the switch from there.

By the way, the overage rate I see on all of the international plans is $10/10mb.

Re: reaching limit on international data plan, need more

3 of 3 (345 Views)