Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2011
2:16:04 PM
View profile
re-activate gophone sim

Hi, I have a gophone sim that was working, then I had a hard time refilling it and before I could figure that out the sim expired I need to re-activate it.

I've already tried buying another gophone but after putting money on it I found that the sim was locked to the device I bought it with! I use gophones as secondary backup phones (I'm already an AT&T 4 line wireless family plan subscriber) and my original sim works on all my phones (I use different unlocked phones as backups. 

thx for any help or suggestions you can provide

Hi, I have a gophone sim that was working, then I had a hard time refilling it and before I could figure that out the sim expired I need to re-activate it.

I've already tried buying another gophone but after putting money on it I found that the sim was locked to the device I bought it with! I use gophones as secondary backup phones (I'm already an AT&T 4 line wireless family plan subscriber) and my original sim works on all my phones (I use different unlocked phones as backups. 

re-activate gophone sim

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 9:49:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jinfinite8 wrote:

Expired SIM cards cannot be re-activated. Once they expire, they are done for good and cannot be re-used.

Call customer service and politely ask them to unlock your existing prepaid SIM that you bought the new GoPhone with. They should be able to do this upon request. If they refuse, you may have to get a new SIM card altogether unless you'd like to use the newer GoPhone with the already existing locked SIM.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

jinfinite8 wrote:

Expired SIM cards cannot be re-activated. Once they expire, they are done for good and cannot be re-used.

Call customer service and politely ask them to unlock your existing prepaid SIM that you bought the new GoPhone with. They should be able to do this upon request. If they refuse, you may have to get a new SIM card altogether unless you'd like to use the newer GoPhone with the already existing locked SIM.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: re-activate gophone sim

2 of 7 (3,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 4:40:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Aug 18, 2011 at 5:02:38 AM

Wild Banchi wrote:

jinfinite8 wrote:

After 60 days beyond the expiration date of the last refill, a prepaid account SIM is deactivated (permanently) and cannot be reactivated.  Until that point you should be able to simply refill your account and continue using the existing SIM.

At least imho, using the at&t website is the easiest way to add a refill to your GoPhone account.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

jinfinite8 wrote:

After 60 days beyond the expiration date of the last refill, a prepaid account SIM is deactivated (permanently) and cannot be reactivated.  Until that point you should be able to simply refill your account and continue using the existing SIM.

At least imho, using the at&t website is the easiest way to add a refill to your GoPhone account.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (3,348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 4:47:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
thanks for the info!
thanks for the info!

4 of 7 (3,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 4:47:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for your help!

5 of 7 (3,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 5:03:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jinfinite8 wrote:
Thanks for your help!

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

jinfinite8 wrote:
Thanks for your help!

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

6 of 7 (3,343 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 12:06:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jinfinite8 wrote:
thanks for the info!
You're welcome. Glad to help.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

jinfinite8 wrote:
thanks for the info!
You're welcome. Glad to help.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

7 of 7 (3,330 Views)