Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 18, 2011
10:51:26 PM
View profile
re: VOICEMAIL - ADD PASSWORD TO PHONE NUMBER FOR AUTO ACCESS

I have a Samsung A777 phone.  I can't figure out how to add my password to the voicemail number so it automatically will go to the voicemails.  Not easy or good  to put in password while you're driving.  My last phone, a Krzr and my Son's current Samsung Rugby 1 does it.  On the Rugby it is programed to dial    8131237878P867889    P = pause and then the digits after the P is the password.

I tried Tech Support but the kids are too new and didn't have a clue.  I've been doing this for several years on the old phone ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

I have a Samsung A777 phone.  I can't figure out how to add my password to the voicemail number so it automatically will go to the voicemails.  Not easy or good  to put in password while you're driving.  My last phone, a Krzr and my Son's current Samsung Rugby 1 does it.  On the Rugby it is programed to dial    8131237878P867889    P = pause and then the digits after the P is the password.

I tried Tech Support but the kids are too new and didn't have a clue.  I've been doing this for several years on the old phone ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

re: VOICEMAIL - ADD PASSWORD TO PHONE NUMBER FOR AUTO ACCESS

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2011 9:52:33 PM
(0)
Guru
Just turn off the VM pw Prompt.

Press 4 to change your personal options.
Press 1 for password options.
Press 1 to establish or change passwords. or
Press 2 to turn password on or off.
Just turn off the VM pw Prompt.

Press 4 to change your personal options.
Press 1 for password options.
Press 1 to establish or change passwords. or
Press 2 to turn password on or off.

Re: re: VOICEMAIL - ADD PASSWORD TO PHONE NUMBER FOR AUTO ACCESS

2 of 3 (1,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 6:30:00 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 20, 2011 at 7:46:18 AM

I don't want to not have a Pw.  I just want to have it automatically be put in.  As I said I had this before and my son has it now

on his phone and it works..  It shows for the voice mail phone number > {Personal content removed for your safety}

When I try to put this in my phone it won't let me change from numbers for letters.

Think if I got it unlocked then I'd have the capability to do it ?  I don't understand why the wireless carrier sell us phones that

have some of the functions lock so the customer can't use them.  Doesn't make sense.

Thanks !

I don't want to not have a Pw.  I just want to have it automatically be put in.  As I said I had this before and my son has it now

on his phone and it works..  It shows for the voice mail phone number > {Personal content removed for your safety}

When I try to put this in my phone it won't let me change from numbers for letters.

Think if I got it unlocked then I'd have the capability to do it ?  I don't understand why the wireless carrier sell us phones that

have some of the functions lock so the customer can't use them.  Doesn't make sense.

Thanks !

Re: re: VOICEMAIL - ADD PASSWORD TO PHONE NUMBER FOR AUTO ACCESS

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,159 Views)