Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2012
12:51:23 PM
View profile
random mumblings from phone

Quite often my Samsung Galazy S II comes up with these random ramblings. I can make some of them out..."Data connection lost" and "Navigation resumed". I have absolutely at these times have all mobile data and GPS functions OFF.
These are distracting and sometimes come at very inappropriate times. They consume battery power.
What's the deal here?

Quite often my Samsung Galazy S II comes up with these random ramblings. I can make some of them out..."Data connection lost" and "Navigation resumed". I have absolutely at these times have all mobile data and GPS functions OFF.
These are distracting and sometimes come at very inappropriate times. They consume battery power.
What's the deal here?

random mumblings from phone

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 2:28:06 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

How are you getting these notifications? Are they spoken or on the screen as messages?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

How are you getting these notifications? Are they spoken or on the screen as messages?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: random mumblings from phone

2 of 6 (268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 7:48:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

These are spoken...what's her name, you know, that female robot.

These are spoken...what's her name, you know, that female robot.

3 of 6 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 7:23:53 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

It sounds like you have Driving Mode enabled. 

Try Menu>Settings>Voice Input/Output>Text to speech settings and see if you can change your settings to change the notifications. 

--------------

It sounds like you have Driving Mode enabled. 

Try Menu>Settings>Voice Input/Output>Text to speech settings and see if you can change your settings to change the notifications. 

--------------

4 of 6 (208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2012 6:03:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

No, Driving mode is NOT enabled. This thing...she still keeps blabbin' away.

No, Driving mode is NOT enabled. This thing...she still keeps blabbin' away.

5 of 6 (178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2012 8:44:45 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I don't have this particular phone to look at but it sounds like there's a setting that needs to be changed somewhere. 

Have you looked through the settings to see what it might be? 

Can you take the phone into an AT&T store to get some help? If you'd like for someone to give you a call, I can set that up too. Please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

I don't have this particular phone to look at but it sounds like there's a setting that needs to be changed somewhere. 

Have you looked through the settings to see what it might be? 

Can you take the phone into an AT&T store to get some help? If you'd like for someone to give you a call, I can set that up too. Please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

6 of 6 (161 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments