Ask a question

Posted Jan 31, 2009
9:51:46 PM
View profile
"the # you called is "not reachable" What's this message mean?!"

Certain people I know who also have AT&T wireless and have perfectly current phone numbers and voice mail greetings, for some reason suddenly change or dis-able their voicemail!? For example, this is what I hear when trying to call them: ( their phone does'nt even ring-goes straight to this message) - " the number you are trying to call is "NOT REACHABLE", pps764...or some type of "code" like that, then goes to a busy signal!  What does that mean and how do these people access this?  It's frustrating, especially when you're trying to get thru to that person and their phone does'nt even ring AND you can't even leave a message for them.  Is this something I myself can do with my phone?...and if so, can ANYONE tell me HOW to do this? Customer Support at at/t dont even really know what I'm talking about. How does one go about disabling/enabling their phone like this to say "NOT REACHABLE"?  Help or Answers,Anyone?!  thanks!

"the # you called is "not reachable" What's this message mean?!"

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2009 3:39:03 AM
(0)
Master

Usually this means that the phone is not in range of a tower.

The signal from a tower can't reach, so you get the message that they are not reachable.

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

Re: "the # you called is "not reachable" What's this message mean?!"

2 of 3 (16,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2009 4:23:20 PM
(0)
Guru
Could also be that they're already using both their lines (normal and call waiting).  Without the actual message number it's difficult to be certain though.

Re: "the # you called is "not reachable" What's this message mean?!"

3 of 3 (16,361 Views)