"Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

Scholar

"Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

I'm lost, what does this actually mean?  Why would AT&T say that?

Message 1 of 10 (2,478 Views)
Teacher

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

Mine says that too. I think anyone who ordered through Premier will get this message. Another place to check the status of your order is here : 

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status_results.jsp

 

I tried using my order id but it didn't work. But then I used my phone number and it shows that it's still In Progress. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,456 Views)
Scholar

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

 


kingamoon wrote:

Mine says that too. I think anyone who ordered through Premier will get this message. Another place to check the status of your order is here : 

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status_results.jsp

 

I tried using my order id but it didn't work. But then I used my phone number and it shows that it's still In Progress. 


 

Kingamoon, 

My point was that verbiage makes no sense. LOL

Message 3 of 10 (2,405 Views)
Teacher

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

It means if you are a UPS employee, your new iPhone will ship UPS.  If you are a USPS employee, it will ship USPS, etc...

 

I'm sure that UPS, USPS, DHL, and FedEx have accounts with AT&T, in which case they would be on a Premier account.  If UPS orders iPhones, then they would ship them to UPS employed customers via their own service.  Same would go for USPS and DHL.

 

G

Message 4 of 10 (2,363 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."


datoad wrote:

I'm lost, what does this actually mean?  Why would AT&T say that?


Because UPS, USPS and DHL are AT&T corporate accounts.  I can tell you from experience that UPS strongly dislikes having a FedEx truck pull up in front of its HQ to make a delivery.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10 (2,351 Views)
Scholar

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

 


cousintim wrote:

datoad wrote:

I'm lost, what does this actually mean?  Why would AT&T say that?


Because UPS, USPS and DHL are AT&T corporate accounts.  I can tell you from experience that UPS strongly dislikes having a FedEx truck pull up in front of its HQ to make a delivery.


Smiley Very Happy talk about irony! hahaha.

 

Message 6 of 10 (2,344 Views)
Scholar

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

Still very strange.  IMO.  Why would you need to tell them this?  I don't work for any of them.

Message 7 of 10 (2,342 Views)
Mentor

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

Think maybe they just use the same canned message for everyone and don't customize it for each individual customer?

Message 8 of 10 (2,177 Views)
Professor

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

[ Edited ]

I'm curious as to whether or not any of these carriers even permit you to carry an iPhone. They can't carry mobile devices with them on deliveries as half of the buildings they're visiting have banned cellulars with the exception of approved Blackberries. Even the i4 is getting government heat on at least one building and may ensue to others like the sports team that banned the iPad.

 

It's kind of a pointless statement if any of these drivers despite getting a discount for a personal iPhone through the corporate and they can't even use them until their shift ends late in the day. o.O

Message 9 of 10 (2,117 Views)
Master

Re: "Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx."

I get this message on my order status, too, and I've never worked for any of these companies.

 

I would also pay for the soda and popcorn to watch a FedEx truck pull up in front of UPS HQ.

 

 


datoad wrote:

Still very strange.  IMO.  Why would you need to tell them this?  I don't work for any of them.


 

Message 10 of 10 (2,094 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.