Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 24, 2011
3:09:27 PM
questions about my iPad 2 3G

i activated my data plan and it gave me a "cellular data number" and i was just wondering if i could change it to my regular cell phone number(i have an iphone). Also, if i put the number they gave me into my microcell, would my ipad pick up? Also, does my data plan(250 mb) lose data when i'm using it connected to wifi? Also, I probably won't use my data a lot, will the data i do not use carry over when i renew my plan? Thanks! 

i activated my data plan and it gave me a "cellular data number" and i was just wondering if i could change it to my regular cell phone number(i have an iphone). Also, if i put the number they gave me into my microcell, would my ipad pick up? Also, does my data plan(250 mb) lose data when i'm using it connected to wifi? Also, I probably won't use my data a lot, will the data i do not use carry over when i renew my plan? Thanks! 

questions about my iPad 2 3G

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 3:17:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
and it's telling me my data activation is "Failing".. should i call att and have them activate it over the phone?
and it's telling me my data activation is "Failing".. should i call att and have them activate it over the phone?

Re: questions about my iPad 2 3G

2 of 5 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 4:05:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

another thing to add... if i can't afford to renew my plan (i'm a teenager and something might happen with my job), could i just continue to use it with wifi? 

another thing to add... if i can't afford to renew my plan (i'm a teenager and something might happen with my job), could i just continue to use it with wifi? 

3 of 5 (945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 7:00:54 AM
(0)
Professor

evandorsey32 wrote:

You cannot use your voice number on the iPad. It has no voice capabilities. Not sure what you're asking with the microcell. You can turn off cellular data when on wifi. I use my iPad almost exclusively on wifi and rarely turn on cellular data. Unused data does not carry over. If you don't use it you lose it.

evandorsey32 wrote:

You cannot use your voice number on the iPad. It has no voice capabilities. Not sure what you're asking with the microcell. You can turn off cellular data when on wifi. I use my iPad almost exclusively on wifi and rarely turn on cellular data. Unused data does not carry over. If you don't use it you lose it.

4 of 5 (911 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 7:02:28 AM
(0)
Professor

evandorsey32 wrote:

Yes, you can cancel data at any time and just use wifi.

evandorsey32 wrote:

Yes, you can cancel data at any time and just use wifi.

5 of 5 (910 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments