Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 16, 2009
12:28:00 AM
question..

Do AT&T cell phones work with other companys that use sim cards as well?

I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me by answering my question.

Thanks!

I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me by answering my question.

Thanks!

question..

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 1:51:17 AM
(0)
Professor
No they are locked per carrier.  You will need to have them unlocked which most require a fee of some sort.
No they are locked per carrier.  You will need to have them unlocked which most require a fee of some sort.

Re: question..

2 of 4 (101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 5:23:45 AM
(0)
Expert

Doppler808 wrote:

If you go through a source other than the wireless carrier, then yes there would be a fee.

Doppler808 wrote:

If you go through a source other than the wireless carrier, then yes there would be a fee.

3 of 4 (89 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2009 3:57:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

vballhottie4xoxo wrote:

The only other company that AT&T cell phones would work with is T-Mobile. They have SIM card and also work on the same frequency as AT&T does. However you can also unlock the phone and take them to Europe where they will work, but other carriers such as NexTel or Sprint (That do use sim cards also) wont work because of the Technology ... example GSM or 3G that are not compatible with that carriers Technology since they use CDMA.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

vballhottie4xoxo wrote:

The only other company that AT&T cell phones would work with is T-Mobile. They have SIM card and also work on the same frequency as AT&T does. However you can also unlock the phone and take them to Europe where they will work, but other carriers such as NexTel or Sprint (That do use sim cards also) wont work because of the Technology ... example GSM or 3G that are not compatible with that carriers Technology since they use CDMA.

4 of 4 (68 Views)