Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 15, 2008
8:33:30 PM
question about using laptopconnect card
I have a 3G laptop card that i can use anywhere but i am going on a cruise and I am just wondering if it would still work?? and if not do you know if most cruises have wireless internet availible that i can connect to with wifi? and if so would anyone know if it costs money to use?
I have a 3G laptop card that i can use anywhere but i am going on a cruise and I am just wondering if it would still work?? and if not do you know if most cruises have wireless internet availible that i can connect to with wifi? and if so would anyone know if it costs money to use?

question about using laptopconnect card

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2008 3:00:11 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bsmith15 on Mar 16, 2008 at 3:04:50 AM
Yes you can use your air card while on the cruise ship, but it is expensive.  Data will cost $0.0195 per Kb,so a 1 Mb photo or file download will cost $20.  Sending text messages will cost $0.50 per message.  Here is a link with info on international roaming, and I would go over to the "International" forum for some other info and real experiences.  You can purchase packages (info in the link) if you feel that you will be using a considerable amount of data.  I see you have a iPhone and there is some special info in the link and the international forum that you should look at considering data usage for that device.

Enable you account / device for international roaming by calling customer care at 1-800-331-0500. 

WIFI is available on most cruise lines and the cost varies (you can purchase packages on board the ship), but if you look at the web page for the cruise line you are going on I  am sure they will have some info on the cost.

Message Edited by bsmith15 on 03-16-2008 06:04:50 AM
Yes you can use your air card while on the cruise ship, but it is expensive.  Data will cost $0.0195 per Kb,so a 1 Mb photo or file download will cost $20.  Sending text messages will cost $0.50 per message.  Here is a link with info on international roaming, and I would go over to the "International" forum for some other info and real experiences.  You can purchase packages (info in the link) if you feel that you will be using a considerable amount of data.  I see you have a iPhone and there is some special info in the link and the international forum that you should look at considering data usage for that device.

Enable you account / device for international roaming by calling customer care at 1-800-331-0500. 

WIFI is available on most cruise lines and the cost varies (you can purchase packages on board the ship), but if you look at the web page for the cruise line you are going on I  am sure they will have some info on the cost.

Re: question about using laptopconnect card

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (2,588 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2008 5:11:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Davesworld on Mar 16, 2008 at 5:15:27 AM

bsmith15 wrote:
Yes you can use your air card while on the cruise ship, but it is expensive. Data will cost $0.0195 per Kb,so a 1 Mb photo or file download will cost $20. Sending text messages will cost $0.50 per message. Here is a link with info on international roaming, and I would go over to the "International" forum for some other info and real experiences. You can purchase packages (info in the link) if you feel that you will be using a considerable amount of data. I see you have a iPhone and there is some special info in the link and the international forum that you should look at considering data usage for that device.
WIFI is available on most cruise lines and the cost varies (you can purchase packages on board the ship), but if you look at the web page for the cruise line you are going on I am sure they will have some info on the cost.

I see that there is a link for cruise ships on the site. Very interesting. You can also rent one on the ships too as it would seem.

Message Edited by Davesworld on 03-16-2008 05:15:27 AM

bsmith15 wrote:
Yes you can use your air card while on the cruise ship, but it is expensive. Data will cost $0.0195 per Kb,so a 1 Mb photo or file download will cost $20. Sending text messages will cost $0.50 per message. Here is a link with info on international roaming, and I would go over to the "International" forum for some other info and real experiences. You can purchase packages (info in the link) if you feel that you will be using a considerable amount of data. I see you have a iPhone and there is some special info in the link and the international forum that you should look at considering data usage for that device.
WIFI is available on most cruise lines and the cost varies (you can purchase packages on board the ship), but if you look at the web page for the cruise line you are going on I am sure they will have some info on the cost.

I see that there is a link for cruise ships on the site. Very interesting. You can also rent one on the ships too as it would seem.

Message Edited by Davesworld on 03-16-2008 05:15:27 AM

Re: question about using laptopconnect card

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (2,582 Views)