question about credit check/deposit

question about credit check/deposit

I just ordered an iphone through the at&t store and everything went through and i received my confirmation email...now my question is, if they determine i am ineligible and require a deposit, am i now stuck paying or will i be given a chance to cancel out of this entire deal? do they normally contact you via email to inform you of the deposit or will i just get the shocking news when i go to activate my phone?

thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (2,866 Views)
Professor

Re: question about credit check/deposit

If you got confirmation number already then no deposit required.
Message 2 of 5 (2,844 Views)

300k wrote:
If you got confirmation number already then no deposit required.

What they said!

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 3 of 5 (2,800 Views)
Professor

The ineligibility and deposit would be required if you either have no credit score, or your credit score is not so good. If you have an outstanding score and paid on time always, then you can be eligible without a deposit.

The eligibilty rating varies so you'd have to ask a representative for further details. The confirmation should be the eligibility and you'll receive the rest of your info.

Message 4 of 5 (2,707 Views)
Highlighted

thanks everyone!  i was worried because i read a few people mention that they didn't know a deposit was required until they went to activate their phone.  i would hate to find out i need to pay a deposit after i have already opened my phone and began activation, if a deposit is needed i would choose to cancel out of this entire thing

the site says 'in progress' so hopefully that's a good sign Smiley Happy  i do not have horrible credit, but i purchased a home this year and ever since i've had a hard time with getting lines of credit

Message 5 of 5 (2,689 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.