pros of AT&T service?

Contributor

pros of AT&T service?

I'll be blunt....about to buy ipad2, want to go with AT&T, but everyone & every article says not a wise choice, especially since I live, travel in rural, remote areas of NW. What can you say to convince me? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: pros of AT&T service?

I will tell you to check the areas you travel the most and will want to be using your iPad.  Find out what cell provider most of the people in those areas use and see if it is one of the ones offering service on the iPad2.  If so, you would be best off to go with that carrier. 

Other than that, if you need someone to convince you  not to use AT&T, it sounds to me like you've already made up your mind to use AT&T.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

thanks.  I've looked at the maps, many times, also currently have an air card with AT&T (will discontinue once I get ipad).  The maps certainly show AT&T is spotty many places, but with my aircard I've had adequate service most places, none others. I guess I'm looking for other people's experiences and reasons for choosing AT&T, also wanting to know if there is a quality difference which certainly maps don't show.  

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

OK.  I wasn't suggesting that you look at the maps, I was suggesting that you talk to people in the areas where you want coverage.  They will be able to tell you the information you are seeking about coverage "exceptions".

As for why I chose AT&T...  Well, some time ago (over 10 years I believe) AT&T bought the smaller provider I was using at the time, and the extra benefts they gave me over what I had was incentive enough for me to stay.  Since tehn, I became eligible for a corporate discount with AT&T and it's hard to argue with a 20% discount on your service.  That discount is what allows me to have a monthly bill below $100 and still have an iPhone with unlimited data & unlimited text messages on my family plan account.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support