Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 5, 2011
7:25:23 PM
View profile
prepiad activate

I have a old phone and all i need is a new sim card is there a activate fee for a prepaid phone? And does to the $2 a day plan work for all phones?

I have a old phone and all i need is a new sim card is there a activate fee for a prepaid phone? And does to the $2 a day plan work for all phones?

prepiad activate

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 4:24:59 AM
(0)
Master

As long as your old phone is compatible with the network (i.e. it's an old Cingular or at&t phone, or an unlocked GSM phone supporting both the 850 and 1900 mhz frequencies) it will work with any of the rate plans - prepaid or postpaid. Smiley Happy

There shouldn't be an activation fee for at&t's prepaid service; and since you only need a new SIM/account/phone number, I'd visit your local Corporate at&t store to set up your service - they should provide the SIM at no charge if you'll fund the new account while you are in the store.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

As long as your old phone is compatible with the network (i.e. it's an old Cingular or at&t phone, or an unlocked GSM phone supporting both the 850 and 1900 mhz frequencies) it will work with any of the rate plans - prepaid or postpaid. Smiley Happy

There shouldn't be an activation fee for at&t's prepaid service; and since you only need a new SIM/account/phone number, I'd visit your local Corporate at&t store to set up your service - they should provide the SIM at no charge if you'll fund the new account while you are in the store.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Re: prepiad activate

2 of 2 (217 Views)