Helpful Links

prepaid Go card

Contributor

prepaid Go card

My nephew as here visting from Europe. So I got him a "Go" card to use while he was here. He used it with his motorola, and when he left he gave me the card to use. I put it in my AT&T Samsung A887phone but it will not work? Do I have to buy a new phone just to use the card?

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: prepaid Go card

No, you don't need to purchase a new phone to use with a GoPhone SIM, but you need to contact customer service and request that they unlock the SIM so that it can be used with your existing phone.  at&t has been "locking" the GoPhone SIMs to the phone they are activated with; however, they seem to be fairly accomodating in unlocking them for use with alternate devices, and esp. if you are a longer term at&t customer.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support