prepaid Go card

Contributor

prepaid Go card

My nephew as here visting from Europe. So I got him a "Go" card to use while he was here. He used it with his motorola, and when he left he gave me the card to use. I put it in my AT&T Samsung A887phone but it will not work? Do I have to buy a new phone just to use the card?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: prepaid Go card

No, you don't need to purchase a new phone to use with a GoPhone SIM, but you need to contact customer service and request that they unlock the SIM so that it can be used with your existing phone.  at&t has been "locking" the GoPhone SIMs to the phone they are activated with; however, they seem to be fairly accomodating in unlocking them for use with alternate devices, and esp. if you are a longer term at&t customer.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support