Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 24, 2012
12:24:58 PM
View profile
predicto scheme

hi everyone, i have been charged by at&t  $10.88 for this stupid predicto game for about two(2) years now without me knowing about it.. i complainted about this to at&t  late last year and they told me they will only refund me 2 months because its a third party.. i can't understand how this is a third party when it is added on my at&t bill. and again just this month i'm being charge again.. i think this is a scheme that at&t should address.. i would like to be refunded for all the months i was charge.. this is highway robbery...

hi everyone, i have been charged by at&t  $10.88 for this stupid predicto game for about two(2) years now without me knowing about it.. i complainted about this to at&t  late last year and they told me they will only refund me 2 months because its a third party.. i can't understand how this is a third party when it is added on my at&t bill. and again just this month i'm being charge again.. i think this is a scheme that at&t should address.. i would like to be refunded for all the months i was charge.. this is highway robbery...

predicto scheme

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 12:55:02 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by johnray on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:56:27 PM

I think they should confirm with us before letting a third party add to our bill, this is a good reminder for everyone to  check their bill every month and not get comfortable trusting the service provider with auto-pay. I've read estimates that say 1 in 5 phone customers have some third party charge on their bill that they don't know about, sometimes the name of the third party sounds like an official charge so you don't notice it.

I got charged last month because I recieved a text message and didn't reply STOP fast enough, I didn't authorize a payment with AT&T so I didn't think they would charge me, because I know the difference between right and wrong.

I've heard they would repay 3 months, and I've read where people who caused a big enough stink got a full refund.

I've been told you can get a purchase block on you're phone so it won't happen again, the customer service rep should've mentioned that to you.

I feel for you, good luck getting you're money back, if you didn't authorize this charge in some way maybe you could contact the FCC, I understand they can be helpful in these cases.

I think they should confirm with us before letting a third party add to our bill, this is a good reminder for everyone to  check their bill every month and not get comfortable trusting the service provider with auto-pay. I've read estimates that say 1 in 5 phone customers have some third party charge on their bill that they don't know about, sometimes the name of the third party sounds like an official charge so you don't notice it.

I got charged last month because I recieved a text message and didn't reply STOP fast enough, I didn't authorize a payment with AT&T so I didn't think they would charge me, because I know the difference between right and wrong.

I've heard they would repay 3 months, and I've read where people who caused a big enough stink got a full refund.

I've been told you can get a purchase block on you're phone so it won't happen again, the customer service rep should've mentioned that to you.

I feel for you, good luck getting you're money back, if you didn't authorize this charge in some way maybe you could contact the FCC, I understand they can be helpful in these cases.

Re: predicto scheme

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 1:49:04 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:58:45 PM

ronel.cuartero wrote:

I understand that it's frustrating to be charged for something you're not using. This charge is not originating at AT&T and while in some circumstances we are able to refund part of the charge, the best course of action is to contact the company who is actually charging you. 

Here is a link to Predicto's website FAQ's: http://www.predicto.com/index.cfm/fuse/faq

Down at the very bottom, you'll find information on how to cancel the service and contact them directly. 

Edit - you may also want to take a look at the Purchase Blocker so you can prevent this from happening in the future. http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-WirelessParentalControls

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

ronel.cuartero wrote:

I understand that it's frustrating to be charged for something you're not using. This charge is not originating at AT&T and while in some circumstances we are able to refund part of the charge, the best course of action is to contact the company who is actually charging you. 

Here is a link to Predicto's website FAQ's: http://www.predicto.com/index.cfm/fuse/faq

Down at the very bottom, you'll find information on how to cancel the service and contact them directly. 

Edit - you may also want to take a look at the Purchase Blocker so you can prevent this from happening in the future. http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-WirelessParentalControls

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: predicto scheme

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (281 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments